does hungry baby milk help with reflux?

tiasmummy

Reaction score
my LO is 14 weeks old with extreme reflux after every feed. gaviscon doesnt always work and i dont like to give her so much medication. she recently is getting through alot more bottles so i want to switch to hungry baby milk but if she is still going to vomit on this i will try aptamil anti reflux...preferably id like to just switch to hungry baby and kill two birds with one stone (hunger and reflux) but my question is does hungry baby milk work for reflux as well? thanks

It never worked for my LO. I put him on SMA staydown which is an AR milk. You'll find they get fuller on the AR milk anyway as its thicker and some have cereal in.

X

I doubt hungry milk will work for reflux cos it doesn't contain a thickening agent like the AR milks, it's just contains more casein protein which takes longer to digest so they feel fuller for longer.

I actually tried this with my LO (she also has severe reflux) and it made things worse if anything.

She is now on cow and gate comfort formula and seems to keep it down a lot better. She is also on ranitidine though.

it didn't help for my little one hun. He eventually got put on a special milk called Nutricia infatrini with gaviscon in it. This time round though i am going to try cow and gate anti reflux first if this baby has it instead of going straight for the medical milk.. such a pain having to collect it from gp all the time especially if they dont order it in in time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->