Does it really work.......

shortie58

Mummy to Katie
Reaction score
Having sexual intercorse on the day that you Ovulate?? Does it help get pregnant or does it not make that much of a difference??. I have heard a few different things and my hubby just thinks I am mad. LOL.

Two friends of mine bought the ovulation sticks and still havent managed to get pregnant, so by doing this do you think it puts more pressure on you??

Sorry for the silly questions

Lesley xxxxxxxxxxx

The Ovum you release on the day of OV only lives for 24 hours, after this it starts to disintegrate.
Therefore, you really only have 24 hours every month where you can get pregnant.

OPKs are a good way of telling if/when you are OVing and will help you to keep track of your cycle, so they are a good idea :]

Hope this helps :]

xOxOx

It's best to have sex right before you ovulate. The egg lives for 24 hours, but sperm can last for a few days. That's why OPK's work well... They tell you when you're about to ovulate, so you have sex at that point, then hopefully catch the egg when it releases.

I figured if I got too involved in the whole process I would go insane. I am not knocking those who chart and test, just for me personally I thought it was too much and would add extra pressure to the situation. We kept it simple - our plan was to BD every day or two starting after AF left and keep it up until either A) AF showed up or B) I got a BFP. That system worked for us - we've been pregnant 3 times and all 3 happened the first month of trying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->