Does MC delay ovulation??

bostonblonde

Reaction score
Getting a bit frustrated. :growlmad: It's been 21 days since my D&C and I have been OPK testing twice a day for over a week, and have not yet gotten a Positive OPK! :huh:

The pic below shows the closest I've come to a Positive, which was on Saturday, but the next test was Negative a few hours later! It's just been nothing but strongly Negative ever since.

Could that have been it? Or is it possible my O was just delayed, and I should keep testing like a crazy woman?

Attachments

• IMG_3524.jpg
    IMG_3524.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 6
Hi there,

I had a D&C on April 1st, and still no AF yet. Midwife says I am not ovulating, so put me on Provera for 10 days to trigger it. Planning for the flood this weekend. I guess there's still no guarantee that I will then OV 2 weeks later, but hoping my hormones will re-regulate soon. From what I can gather, and you can imagine that I've been reading up on this very topic for the last 11 weeks, the answer is YES. MC can delay OV. Good luck.

I had my last mc in Jan and my ovulation is still later than usual. I used to OV around cd14 and now its about cd19. Did OPKs work for you before? They dont work for me it seems the closest i get to a positive is about the same as yours.

Yes, unfortunately, a mc can completely change your cycle. Your cycle can be especially confusing before you get your first AF. I did not ovulate directly after either of my mcs, but did after I got my first AF. I know this is very frustrating. You want to be in control of your body and it isn't cooperating with you. You want to be pregnant immediately but can't figure out when you are fertile. It is all so confusing and hard. Try not to stress yourself out too much during this time. You will ovulate again, I promise. If you haven't already found this site, you might find it helpful.

https://www.pregnancyloss.info/cycles_following_loss.htm

Thanks everyone... I am just glad to hear there's still a chance I haven't caught it yet. It's strange because now I am getting other fertility "signs", but my OPKs don't reflect that.

Mamabel, sorry you are having to go through this. How frustrating. :( Hope AF comes for you this week. (After I came off bcp, I didn't get AF for almost a year, so I know what you're going through :hugs:)

Goddess, I have never once got a true positive OPK, not even the cycle I got pregnant. I think that's part of my frustration too!

Heart, thank you for the link! I have found that site before, but it's good to read that part again. I know I shouldn't be obsessing this cycle since everything's out of balance, but it's very so hard not to, especially when you've bought tests in bulk!

Have you used the opks before and had a 'true' positive ?

I only ask because I have never managed to get a true positive on the ic opks but was definitely ovulating because I was pregnant on my 2nd cycle and my 'best' opks looked just like yours !

Edit : Just re-read your last post and see you have exactly the same issue as me with the opks !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->