Does my baby have colic??

oOKayOo

Reaction score
Its usualy every night where she will just scream!
It goes on for awhile to , nothing stops her crying iether, even feeding her wont as she just cries with the bottle in her mouth :dohh: I dread every night as its the same all the time.

She sleeps through the night so im not getting sleepless nights , ive done everything that needs to be done but she still cries.
She is lovely through the day. But night is when it happens.

Thoughts ??

The baby books I have been reading talk about how it is very common for a baby to have a fussy period, and it tend to be in the evening. Once I find the book, it has some good advice on things to try, and I will post.

is she overtired maybe? does she nap much in the day hun? but like you say it could be colic.. is it also your LO that is teething?

Josh had a bit of a fussy period last night and a warm bath with some crazy funny weird faces and some songs made him feel himself again... He cried for about 20 minutes non-stop prior to that.

She sleeps alot of the day and yes is teething, it may just still be that. I just read somewhere that it colic was where it happened at a certain time every day and thats what happens. :shrug:

5 "S's"

Swaddle - tightly wrap her so her arms are bound to her side. Babies have a reflex that causes their arms to flail when they are startled and when they feel like they are falling. Binding their arms keeps them calmer.

Side or Stomach - Being on their side or stomach also keeps this reflex from making them frightened or startled.

Shhhh's (white noise... LOUD) The inside of our bodies have a lot of noise that baby got used to when she was in utero. For them it's LOUD, like vacuum cleaner loud... try shhhh'ing into her ear LOUD or run the vacuum or the hair dryer close to her for the noise.

Swinging - They should swing vigourously when they are very upset, and gently when they are calmer. Swing faster when they get upset again.

Sucking - A pacifier or at the breast.

https://www.thehappiestbaby.com/book_chapters.html

This is one of the only things that keeps our night time fussy time (which is normal for all babies) a little easier...

:hug:

If it is colic, the one thing that works wonders when Seth has wind is a bath. He LOVES having baths. It usually settles him for the rest of the evening.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->