Does my beta seem high?

Stardust1

Reaction score
Hi ladies, we are very fortunately pregnant after our first round of ivf. We had 2 really good 5 day old embryos transferred and got a lovely bfp at 6 days post embryo transfer (the equivalent of 11dpo). My clinic did my beta hcg on Thursday (17dpo) and the result was 1650. On all the charts I’ve looked at this seems really high. The clinic did comment that it was a very strong positive. Has anyone else has theirs at 17dpo to compare? I’m wondering if there is a possibility of both the embryos having stuck 🤞I’ve just turned 40 and the embryologist told me after the transfer that there was very little chance of either sticking?

Congratulations!! I don’t know much about hcg levels but am following to see others advice and how it all goes for you! How exciting!

I think it’s within a normal range, my best friend who had twins had an hcg of 4000 at 14dpo, but levels vary so much there’s no way of telling until they scan you! I don’t know what mine were early on but at 24dpo they were 44,000. Good luck and congratulations!!

If I work back assuming they doubled every 2 days then at 17dpo mine would’ve been around the 1125 mark, but it’s not an exact science!

Mine was 408 at 17dpo but I’m just having one - yours does sound high, but I’ve heard girls make you have higher numbers than boys, so that could be it too. Congrats!

Ooh interesting, I have two boys so a girl would be lovely x

I tbink its high and twins are definitely a possibility!

Congratulations! 😃 ❤️ It sounds like twins could be a possibility! 😃

As far as I gather online they vary a lot. I didn't have my numbers measured with my pregnancies but I know my levels with DD were higher than with both boys. My tests with her were the darkest I have seen in my pregnancies, darker than the control lines and a 3+ on a digi, whereas the boys gave me relatively faint lines and DS2 his lines took a while to darken up so I think sometimes girls can produce more hCG? Did for me anyway

My levels were high, but i only had one Embryo' transferred. It's not the levels so much, its the rate at which it doubles which determines multiples. When are you getting another test? I know some women who've had really high first BETA readings, but just had single bubs....it's all depended on how quickly it rises :)

I bet you have two in there. I do know though with this current pregnancy my beta was almost as high as it was with the twins. I hear girl betas are normal higher.

Hard to say but i’d Guess two tbh.
With my twins I was 4751 at 20dpo tripling in 48 hours
My Singleton was 397 at 15dpo doubling 35 hours

From my experience it’s Less the number and more the doubling rate but congrats either way!

Hello, I am in the same boat as you with even higher numbers- 13 DPO 531 hCG and 162 Progesterone (51 in US measurements), but I had similar high numbers with my first pregnancy and it was a singleton and all was fine (with my first- 15 DPO 796 hCG; 18 DPO 2743 Hcg). My gyn said as they were such good levels she didn't want me to retry and just wait a few days for an u/s.
I won't pretend that I don't think my numbers are too high but just trying to stay focused on the fact I probably just go into baby making overload! Let me know when you get an u/s! I will go in middle of the week as my gyn wants to make sure the spotting I had a week after ovulation really is implantation and nothing else. She is sure it isn't but I love how overly cautious she is :)

Sorry just read your post correctly, I thought (like me) you preferred a singleton! But naturally you want both to stick and though I can't help you with knowing if both have stayed, I can help by reminding you that with levels that high it is unlikely you will not be giving birth in 8 or so months!

First, congratulations!! I'm not sure about numbers meaning much. With daughter, mine was 18,762 at 20 DPO. I thought that was high and was hoping for twins since I was 45 at the time and had no other children. At my scan, there was only one baby in there, but considering my age and the fact my OB told me to not get attached because I'd miscarry, I was thrilled to see a heartbeat!

Since you transferred two, then it's a real possibility for you!! I hope you have two healthy babies in there....how exciting that would be. Best of luck

So we had our viability scan today and it’s defin twins, looks like my high numbers did mean both embryos stuck ��

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->