Does room temperature affect BBT?

Fizzyfefe

Mama and pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I was just wondering if any of you notice that your BBT changes depending on the temperature of your room? I woke up this morning expecting to have a temp spike, but it was freezing cold, and my BBT was lower than expected.

Do any of you ladies notice that your temperature lowers when the room is colder/raises when the room is hotter? Or, do you find that your temperature isn't affected at all?

:shrug:

I actually don't see a pattern in that way, for my temps. There are mornings where I wake up and feel like whoops, was under the cover too long and feel super hot....but then I take my temp and its regular. Likewise, I have woken up with my feet hanging out of the covers and cold and thinking, oh no, but my temps are normal.

I have heard some people are extra sensitive to temperature temps, but I would guess, if you have a blanket on, you are not going to see dips and peaks from the room temp.

The blanket was actually curled up in a ball at my feet, which is why I was so cold. :haha:

The blanket was actually curled up in a ball at my feet, which is why I was so cold. :haha:

FF says a change in climate or a change in room temperature can affect your temperature. Although it may not happen to everyone, I was definitely getting some erratic temps last month because the weather and my heating/air conditioning was changing frequently. It was 50-60s a couple nights, I'd leave heat on, then wake up next morning to warm temperature outside, and found that I'd kicked the covers off. It would be 70-80s a few days, I'd turn on air conditioner and while I was asleep I'd go from sheets and comforter to kicking comforter off. If you are experiencing strange climate temps like that and having to change house temps, it could be affecting it. But don't worry, I could still detect ovulation. Good luck! :flower:

Can breathing when helping affect temps. Some mornings I can hold my breath others I can,t. This morning I took A series of short breaths via my nose I think I felt like I would suffocAte with thermometer in my mouth.

Can breathing when helping affect temps. Some mornings I can hold my breath others I can,t. This morning I took A series of short breaths via my nose I think I felt like I would suffocAte with thermometer in my mouth.

Not sure about that one! Maybe do an experiment during the day and see what happens. My guess is that if you press the tip deep under your tongue it won't affect it, but let us know!

I don't notice much day to day but I went back and got my average temps for two summer months and it was 97.52 and two winter months (we get cold winters) and it was 97.31. So there is only a slight difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->