Does semen cause cramping?

pinkpolkadot

Reaction score
I have had cramps on and off all cycle and it got me thinking why now why we are trying to TTC? I googled a bit and read prostaglandins cause cramps and these are also in semen.

Is it poss this is making me cramp? It would explain things as we have used condoms since DD arrived until this cycle. Does anyone else have this?

On the downside it probs means the cramps I have now are from all the BD we have been doing the lat few days and not a symptom :haha:

I get cramps from repetitive strain injury :winkwink: :sex:

I have to say I was going to start a new thread this morning as I have been using clear blue advance and got my first high fertile day yesterday. We bd last night and this morning I feel all cramps and gurgly. Also, last month the more days be bd the more sensitive and bruised I felt on my cervix. Very weird feeling. Hoping this all normal stuff!!

Thanks, yes me too! I'm sure it is I'm just a bit of a worrier and question every little twinge :haha:

OH has got me three days in a row. That's a lot for me! So my tummy (or cervix!) is feeling a bit bruised as such. I think it's quite normal, just not spoken about much.
Especially if you are actively TTC xx

I can't see how semen would cause cramping - I'm guessing it's more to do with ovulation! Try not to question every little twinge ;) And good luck ladies!

I can't see how semen would cause cramping - I'm guessing it's more to do with ovulation! Try not to question every little twinge ;) And good luck ladies!

Haha I know I sound crazy :wacko: But I came to the conclusion because menstrual cramps are caused by prostaglandins (amongst other things) which are also present in semen!

I have had menstrual like cramps all cycle...I have googled and searched because it is not normal for me. Who knows...lol I have also had some major bloating along with it.

Update! I have now decided it may be checking CP that is causing me to cramp all cycle, I felt OK this a.m until I checked and then cramping started and still got it now so going to lay off it for a while and see how it goes. Here's hoping, it's no fun having constant cramps :wacko:

You've probably got quite a sensitive cervix. I cramp up quite badly after getting smears :/

Lay off the CP checks for a while. Nothing worse than cramps :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->