does the 2nd always arrive quicker and heavier?

vix1989

Baby Christmas <3
Reaction score
Hiya! girls! this is my second baby and im really worried and scared as my mother in law tried to scare me... she told me you next baby is always bigger than the first and arrives quicker. in this case i have a problemm becaue my 1st (taylor) weighed 8.11 (very big!) and arrived in 15 mins! if its true im stuffed lol please help! :shrug::growlmad::help::sad1:

I don't know for sure because I am pregnant with my first and haven't even experienced labor yet. Anyways though, my mother said when she had me (I was her second) that I was bigger then my sister and I virtually slipped out of her. She said by time she got to the hospital she was scared I was going to fall out of her so she was trying to push me back in. Don't quote me on that though because every one has a different labor. Good luck hun! :)

o god thats put me on a whole new level of scared! EEK!

Ive read weights and birth stories of second babies aint always heavier, and quicker.
My amber was 8lb 10oz came out fine so im not stressing over it :)
dont see why be a problem, least your labour will be over really quickly lol

but i live very far from the hospital lol away from the drugs lol

My labours have got longer each time ....although each baby as been bigger x

hats not good either lol.....mmm do i even know what i want lol thanks anyway lol

Lily was 9lb 3 and she was a ventouse delivery with episiotomy. I'm kind of worried this one will be a lot bigger as the weights went up with my mums three. I'd like 4 children so I'm terrified my 4th will be huge!! My friends had a 10lb 8 baby and a stone baby!!!

o my god that makes my eyes water just thinking about it lol

but i live very far from the hospital lol away from the drugs lol

lol, have a home birth.
if going to be really quick again wouldnt need drugs, by time got in ya system ya baby would be out lol

Not always.... but my second was only a fraction heavier... 7 lbs 2.3 (first) and 7 lbs 2.8 (second)... she was 11 days late... he was five early (first)

yer but gas and air is the best even if ur not in that much pain lol no couldnt have a home birth not good with a two year old running around at every oppertunity he points and says "whats that" not good when im giving birth and he does that lol

My mum had a really quick labour with me (her first) and a really long labour with my sister (her second). We were bother around the same weight. She had c-section with my other two sisters (twins) so they don;t really count. x

My first was 6lbs 3 oz 1 1/2hrs of labour at 41 weeks, my second was 6lbs 3.5 oz 4 hrs of labour at 36w3d. That said, because my first delivery was so quick, I was supposed to be induced so there was less risk of not making it in. I have no idea what will happen with this one though. With my Mom, my brother (oldest) was bigger than me but her second delivery was much faster. I don't think there is anyway to predict what would happen, too many factors your size, fitness, baby size, etc. to how quick/easy a delivery.
Wendy

Hi,

My second was bigger than my first, but my third and fourth were smaller than my first so I think it just depends.

About speed, my second was much quicker (first was 27 hours, second was 1 hr 30 minutes, third was 45 minutes and fourth got to 6cms in an hour before emergency c section). I live quite away from the hospital I went to with my fourth and my consultant had said to me even with my previous history they would offer induction at 37/38 weeks as they didnt wanna risk me not getting there, perhaps your healthcare providers can offer the same?

Usually subsequent babies arrive quicker as your bosy has been through labour before. My experience is 7lbs 9oz with first and 4hours labour (induction) and second 8lb 10oz (induction also) although they were both 10 dyas late. Im having no 3 so im hoping this one wont be over 9lbs!!

I don't mind about the arriving quicker - my son took nearly 30 hours of active labour to arrive. But the bit about a second being heavier:shock:, he was nearly 10 pounds (9 pounds and 12 ounces) - so, if we have a second (or third) baby, they would be massive!

Hiya i would try not to worry too much my first baby was my heaviest at 8lb 5oz and 11 days early my 2nd was 10 days overdue and weighed 7lb 15oz 3rd was 11 days early and weighed 6lb 12 oz so mine got lighter not heavier but my labour was more rapid with 2nd and 3rd am hoping this one comes out as quickly as possible and isnt too big.

My first was 8lb 14oz and second was 7lb 13oz....tell the MIL to shurrup!

katie was 9lb12, so i'm hoping #2 will be smaller! and she took 23 hours to arrive 10 days late!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->