Does the carseat HAVE to match the pram?

N

Neecee

We have a M&P Pliko P3 Pramette but we didn't get it with the Prima Vaggio carseat at the time coz it was so expensive. So yesterday we went to look at getting the PV carseat hoping it would be in the sales but it wasn't :(.

I did notice that this Mothercare seat: https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44450031&mcb=core

and this Graco one: https://www.mothercare.com/Graco-Ju...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44450031&mcb=core

were very similar in size and shape to the PV model.

I was just wondering if anyone has the Pliko P3 but not the same model carseat and if it works ok, or if anyone else has a carseat that is a different model to the pram.

Thanks!

The only important thing is that the car seat fits your car.

We won't be having a "matching" car seat to our pram as I feel strongly about the waste of money of having a group 0+ only car seat anyway. We'll be getting one that crosses groups.

The mothercare car seat won this years mother and baby awards... we are going to get that in a new months...

We won't be having a "matching" car seat to our pram as I feel strongly about the waste of money of having a group 0+ only car seat anyway. We'll be getting one that crosses groups.

Hmmm, that's a point. We'd only end up having to replace it after a year...

With the seats that go up to say, 4 years, you can't really take those out to carry them around can you?

Hmmm, that's a point. We'd only end up having to replace it after a year...

With the seats that go up to say, 4 years, you can't really take those out to carry them around can you?

No you can't but a newborn needs to lie flat anyway. To me the occasional convenience of being able to lift the car seat out of the car without waking bubs was just not worth better part of £200.

But it is up to you and your lifestyle may be different from ours. I know some 0+ seats will fit various push chair chassis. My SIL mentioned her friend's Mothercare one fitting two different chassis, so maybe have a look at other options for your pram.

Ok, so now we're looking at this: https://www.mothercare.com/dp/B001B...g/275-2382723-1541650?_encoding=UTF8&mcb=core

I'm not that bothered about carrying baby around in the car seat as we chose a pram where he can lie flat anyway. Thanks for the info Shifter, this seems to be a more economical option.

Ok, so now we're looking at this: https://www.mothercare.com/dp/B001B...g/275-2382723-1541650?_encoding=UTF8&mcb=core

I'm not that bothered about carrying baby around in the car seat as we chose a pram where he can lie flat anyway. Thanks for the info Shifter, this seems to be a more economical option.

No problem, that's the one we're looking at too :)

We're like you... the matching seat to our p3 was £150 with the base, plus it seemed really heavy without the baby in it.

We opted for a Recaro young profi plus which my mum bought us, its what my OH set his heart on too, bless him.

I dont see the point in a matching car seat to the pram as due to personal preference i wouldn't be keeping baby in it anyway as i hate seeing them all curved up.

Just make sure whichever car seat you opt for, does fit into your car :)

You only have to make sure that the seat fits your car. If you are happy to take the baby in and out of the car seat all the time then it's your choice which seat you buy. Like Hsifter said it depends on your lifestyle and how long the baby will be in car seats/prams etc. I have a travel system which I bought in 2005 for my eldest son. It has lasted through 2 babies and this one will be using it too but mostly my babies are in the car seat to go to drop my hubby off at work or pick him up and to go shopping but that's it. I have big babies too so they aren't so small they scrunch up.

also newborn only need to be laid flat if you are planning to be longer than 2 hrs! That's the medical advice. Personally I would rather just be able to lift the seat in and out of the car onto the pram than mess about with seat belts etc. I have 1-2-3 seats for my boys though so in a year this little lady can have one of them and my eldest will move up into a booster seat xxx

We have a M&P pliko pramette in Geo, and our car seat is a blue brittax one I found for £15 in a second hand shop. So ours doesn't match, I don't think its important, especially as we wont be using the car seat with the pushchair as the pushchair has the pram mode

if all you baby furniture doesn't match perfectly, your child will grow up psychologically damaged and hate you.

At least, that is what my OH told me...

We have that car seat, not in that colour way but seat is identical. We started using it when our son was about 3 weeks old and loved it, he is now 14 months, facing forward and the seat is still brill. Only small issue i have with it is the covers are a swine to get off and wash. But the seat is SO sturdy and you just feel your little one is safe, i'm loving it so much we're getting one for this baby too! HTH xxx

Just to add we also had a britax take in out car seat, as at the time we had 2 cars, anyway this will depend on your baby, but my our son grew out of his take in out car seat at 9 months so felt like a bit of a waste, but it came with my pram so guess was ok money wise. Just something to think on i guess xxx

You don't have to get it matching especially as your not wanting to use it as a travel system. We brought the pushchair and carrycot and want it as a travel system so we don't have to disturb the baby all the time and popping out quickly to the shops will be hassle free, from car to pushchair that quick. We are trying to find the car seat base on ebay, its isofix and costs 100pounds new and will then buy the car seat that goes with it. This one lasts till they are 15 months old so don't feel its a waste of money and then will sell it on. Its totally up to you though, you have to do what feels right for you in your situation. Take care :hugs: XX

This one lasts till they are 15 months old so don't feel its a waste of money and then will sell it on.

If it is a 0+ (which it will be for newborn only) then they only last 6-9 months hun, unless you have a very small baby, in which case it might last to a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->