Does the fact I have Polycistic ovaries Mean I Definitely Have Gestational Diabetes?

Trixter

Reaction score
When I was 16, I was diagnosed with Polycistic Ovarian Syndrome. Obviously I was told this could effect my weight, fertility etc.

Well. Fast forward to me now, in my early 30s. I fell pregnant after only two months of trying (I am lucky, I know I was prepared for a long journey to conceiving)
Anyway I've been told because of my PCOS and that I'm a bit overweight, that I'm high risk for Gestational Diabetes.

Does this mean I pretty much will have it? I'm very nervous. My PCOS didn't stop me falling pregnant - I had my scan and was told they couldn't see any cysts either. But I presume you can't stop having PCOS, so should I mentally be prepared that I'll have diabetes? I am so nervous about any complications this may bring to me or baby. I'm nearly 4 months pregnant and due to be tested in another month.

Nope, I have PCOS and have never had it. I'm within a normal weight range when not pregnant, and always try to eat healthy when pregnant. I've seen tons of women with PCOS that don't hav GD.

Nope, I have PCOS and have never had it. I'm within a normal weight range when not pregnant, and always try to eat healthy when pregnant. I've seen tons of women with PCOS that don't hav GD.

Thank you. It's reassuring to hear.
I'm a bit overweight so I know that might not help, on top of having PCOS. I guess at this stage all I can do is eat a balanced diet and wait until I'm tested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->