Does the name Elsie remind you of a cow?

misscyn

Reaction score
I'm really liking the name Elsie right now. BUT, I recently found out (thank you Google) that Elsie is the name of the cow mascot for Borden Dairy products. I live in French Canada and it seems most people here don't know about Elsie the cow. However Wikipedia says that " Elsie the Cow remains among the most recognizable product logos in the United States and Canadan". I'm just wondering how well-known she really is.

Does anyone think of a cow as soon as they hear the name Elsie?

Well I'm in the UK so obvs never heard of the brand and mascot, but I think Elsie is a lovely name, I love the old lady names that are coming back :)

Not a cow name but an old lady name on the comeback. I prefer Elsa

I'm from Canada, and definitely not. I think it's cute. :)

I don't! I'm in the UK though and there's an Elsie in my daughter's class so I think of her but it also reminds me of Elsa :)

I'm in the US. I don't think of a cow.

I'm in the UK and no I don't think of a cow.

I'm in Australia and have never heard of the cow.
I like the name! :flower:

I think of the cow in Chicago. But I think you're more likely to have people think of Elsa and Frozen going forward.

I had no idea that was the name of the Borden Dairy mascot lol I don't think of a cow when I hear Elsie.

Thank you ladies. I guess i won't let the cow factor influence my decision :) And i am liking Elsa more and more. My 4 year old daughter obviously likes it because of Frozen.

Thank you ladies. I guess i won't let the cow factor influence my decision :) And i am liking Elsa more and more. My 4 year old daughter obviously likes it because of Frozen.

I like the idea of Elsa with the nickname Elsie. It's easier to grow up with.

And even though I make the association, it's not like "OMG! She named her daughter after a cow!!!!!"

Not really a cow name for me like, say Betsy or Annabelle (while Annabelle is beautiful, I can't get past the Annabel Lee poem connection either). I've liked Ailsa for a really long time, but I think Frozen is going to be a popular Disney movie for a long time like The Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast, so that connection ruins it for me combined with the Elsa spelling to surge in popularity :)

Not really a cow name for me like, say Betsy or Annabelle (while Annabelle is beautiful, I can't get past the Annabel Lee poem connection either). I've liked Ailsa for a really long time, but I think Frozen is going to be a popular Disney movie for a long time like The Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast, so that connection ruins it for me combined with the Elsa spelling to surge in popularity :)

Yes I'm afraid Elsa is going to be the new Ariel. When I was pregnant with DD I liked the name Fiona. I'd never seen a Shrek movie though. When I found out about about Fiona the ogre I was was very disappointed.

No, I really like it but my American husband and MIL both said it was a cow's name when I suggested it.

I'm from Ontario and have never heard about that association. Even if I had, I think the frozen movie is going to be more popular than this dairy brand so people would be more likely to automatically think of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->