Does the paranoia ever end???

rockstarlove9

Reaction score
Hello all I am 9w4d and I had an ultrasound two days ago baby measured 3 days behind but had a good strong heartbeat the ob didn't tell me the actual rate of it but he seemed happy. I keep trying to remind myself that my symptoms come and go but Im just panicking about them fading meaning im having a mc. I know that they are supposed to ease up a little after 9 week mark but I have read so many stories of women who see there little beans and hear a good strong heart beat only to lose the baby a few days later and not find out until weeks later. Im just a nervous wreck and my next ultrasound isn't for two weeks. Itll be the first one my DH will see and im just so scared something will go wrong. We've lost two babies last year and honestly don't think our marriage can survive another one. Does this paranoia however you spell it ever end I just want to have a happy healthy nine months and enjoy my pregnancy...

Bless you, it must be very hard after losses. Honestly, I'm not sure the worry ever entirely goes away, it's more about learning to not let it take over your life and every thought. Yes, I feel a bit worried every day that something is wrong or could go wrong but I've learnt to put it to the back of my mind most of the time and get on with my day! I've certainly found this easier post my first scan at 12 weeks! Once I saw my baby and that she was growing normally, I felt a million times better! I guess now, later down the line, I'm worrying about how often she kicks, have I felt her move today, what happens if I go into labour now..! But again, while they are daily worries, they are mostly at the back of my mind! I hope you can find some peace and enjoyment soon, the first trimester is the hardest in my opinion! If your anxiety is really making you struggle day to day, I'd talk to someone if you can. A friend, a relative, your doctor/midwife?

It doesnt... I had my first loss at 13 weeks... When I got pregnant with my son I worried for every symptom, every pain..every single thing. 2 miscarriages after him and each time I was a ball of stress.. Im 14 weeks today and I am STILL worrying.. i listen to the babys heartbeat every single day because its all that keeps me feeling Ok. The thing is, you will worry for 9 months and then the rest of your childs life... it really never ends.
Good luck!

I dont think it does, but just try focus on being positive and the love between you all. xxx

Thanks for being honest I thought for sure seeing my little one was gonna ease my fears a little bit but then I just had to go on google:dohh: all I kept doing was reading about people who had one successful ultrasound around nine weeks and finding out they lost it at the 12wk scan. But That's just me letting my fears get the best of me. I will say this when everything is ok at my next ultrasound im staying off google so I can reduce the paranoia and the stress that comes from it. Keep my little one in your prayers and ill keep your lovebugs in mine.

I love this forum and forums like this because it's bring us ladies together who are sharing such a magical experience and we can share it with each other but I personally have to keep in mind that things I worry about (molar pregnancies, ectopic pregnancies, blighted ovums, missed miscarriages, etc) are all EXTREMELY rare occurrences and even tho it seems to be something of abundance on these forums remember that there are thousands of us and most women on these forums are here because of their losses and want to connect with other women who have had similar experiences. If there is no reason to worry, don't! Try your hardest to enjoy it. I know I am.

Unfortunately, it doesn't stop. It will probably get less and less, though. You'll eventually bond so well with your baby and feel those movements and feel that connection that you'll probably trust your baby to be strong and healthy. That's been my experience, anyway. Even in third tri, I have my moments of worry, but I try to calm down and enjoy my pregnancies anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->