Does this count as TTC (hospitals view)

Lousie598

Reaction score
I have just had an appointment with a gynecologist about my PCOS. He has done blood work and is arranging for ultrasound scans to be done in the next few months and then I have to come back in 6 months time to see how I am getting along. Now he said that all this is gearing up to potentially help me with conceiving after we have been trying for a year with no success. Now I am wondering what NTNP is viewed as trying to conceive as far as the hospital is concerned. Personally I do not consider myself as really trying to conceive yet. (by trying to conceive I consider that to be focusing efforts to calculate and doing the deed around ovulation time) That will start in March but at the moment we are potentially allowing the possibility of a baby every single month but just having sex when we feel like it! If that was the case I could tell the hospital with a clear conscience that we have been TTC ever since I came off the pill 7 months ago but I don't feel like that is the truth!

Just tell them when you stopped contraception and leave it at that.

I would assume since you were not taking any measures to NOT gt pregnant, then its classed as TTC. Not everyone who is officially TTC uses OV test, or charts their temp etc!

i agree think its down to when u stop using contraceptive methods hun!xx

see..I kind of think the opposite tbh. Dont hate me lol just my opinion!

I have been diagnosed with PCOS on and off and although we aren't using protection, I dont class us as 'trying'. Mainly because I dont know when/if I am ovulating, so we might just be missing the right time of the month if that makes sense?

To me, you're trying when you are watching your cycles and axctually TRYING, just because like I said... you may just not be hitting the right time in your cycles.

Ive been told when we've been trying for a year we'll have further tests & appointments, but I wont count until we actually do start trying. I dont see why I should jump the list in front of ladies who possibly need the help more.
x

before I came across this site, I was officially TTC. By this I mean I'd come off the pill and we were BD'ing extra, and hoping AF didn't show up... it wasn't til I joined up here that I realised how seriously ppl get into it and knew nothing about OPK's bbt charting and everything like that!!

before I came across this site, I was officially TTC. By this I mean I'd come off the pill and we were BD'ing extra, and hoping AF didn't show up... it wasn't til I joined up here that I realised how seriously ppl get into it and knew nothing about OPK's bbt charting and everything like that!!

I agree... :thumbup: I think away from here the majority of people TTC are simply :sex: lots... Most people who are TTC don't think of charting, temping, OPK's, etc... I think it's only something most people would look at when the relaxed approach doesn't work... so in my opinion I agree with most others here - that yes you have been TTC... I don't think a lot of people TTC would actually have any idea when they're ovulating, etc... it's easy on here to get carried away and end up made to feel that because you're not using all the other stuff you're not really TTC!!! :blush:

But hey, why not just be honest and say yes you've been trying but only in a casual way...? :shrug:

Well i have another 3 months until my next appointment so have plenty of time for us to decide what we are doing!

Thanks for the views. I am starting to use a persona device this week - i know it does not really work for people with PCOS but it was recommended to me by my GP. I am hoping that the device will help me to understand my own body more so I can look out for signs of my own fertility. The doctor said I should try temping as well but I think I will just try the persona before that.
(plus if the persona machine works for me then in March when we want to TTC properly we just focus on the the red light days especially when the 'O' symbol starts flashing!)

Back to the dieting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->