Does this mean I'll get it worse when I get pregnant?

nadupoi

Reaction score
I'm prone to UTI's/Bladder Infections. I have to be super extra careful that I use the restroom before and (usually) after sex and that he and I are both clean before doing the deed. Otherwise, 24 hours later, here comes the pain!

I'm curious though about a few things. Would a certain position during sex help cause a UTI? I've read about that, but nobody says what position!! lol. I want to steer clear of that.

Secondly, since I get them around 3 times a year, now, does that mean when I get pregnant I'll be prone to this specific type of infection, more?

https://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/pregnancy/pregnancyproblems/pregprobs_cystitis.asp
Basically I think,yes,they might get worse during pregnancy so I think when the time comes that is definitely something to mention to your midwife
But im not sure about the position thing x x

Hell yeah they were worse in pregnancy even more so when your doc/hos/mw dont want to get you bloody antibiotics to fix the dam problem.
I had 1, for 16 weeks. I didnt have constant pain it was more come and go, 1 day it got really bad, i literally though id gone in to labour LOL. I couldnt move.

I worry about my depression worsening when prego x

Hey!!

I suffer really badly too, about 4 times a year, and i pass clotts of blood - IT KILLS!!! (sorry TMI) I do the same as you was before and afterwards and use the loo asap after wards. I find that me being at the end of the bed and oh kneeling on the floor is good as there is less friction between the ureathra opening and ur partners body. Also positions where you can control the depth of entry. if ur anything like me though, the moment tends to take over and you end up with agonizing pains within the next few days anyway...

xxxx

P.s. My Dr termed it as the 'Honeymoon period infection' (think it says alot for my sex drive doesnt it! hahaha)

Thanks for the info!

Lou- I have had the problems with blood too. It's different every time I get it though. Once, I passed clots of blood. This time I actually peed blood at one point. Man is that painful! But as much as I hate taking huge horse pills, it makes it go away so I'm happy with that! And thanks for the position tip ;)

I used to have terrible UTI's that would become kidney infections quickly, which can be quite dangerous. My urologist prescribed a very low dose antibiotic that i take right before or right after...well you know....and it has worked perfectly. not sure how that kind of treatment would work during pregnancy though.

I've only had 2 or 3 but I always end out waiting to see someone until I'm in serious pain! (so stupid of me....)

Actually, when I was in high school I had a double kidney infection. I didn't have a UTI before that though...(?!?!) I went to the nurse with horrible back pain and she told me it was nothing and that I needed to lighten the load in my backpack.....i went to the ER that night and my mom was PISSED. She let them know what she thought about the whole thing within a day or two. o_O

Positions..missionary seems to be *really* bad for that, considering the friction involved... Maybe try bending over? Not only does it decrease the friction issue, it hits the G-spot juuuuust right ^_~

When I was younger I had kidney troubles and had Kidney Reflux a few times. I remember the awful things they had to do to me :x It hurt and I would get really sick. So I'm not too terribly surprised I'm getting UTI's really easily now that I'm sexually active.

The Position thing... bending over doesn't do it so well for me. First of all,it's not my fav. and that's what we did the day before the UTI showed up. So that is kind of funny. You'd think it would help!! I think we might just have to experiment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->