does this seem weird to you?

Wriggley

Reaction score
Hi all

basically for both my pregnancies I have been under a consultant because I am high risk.

With my first son at 16 weeks hospital gave me all off my consultant appointments up until 36 weeks and from 36 weeks the consultant would arrange my next appointment at each appointment.

With this pregnancy again all my consultant appointments up til 36 weeks were made in advance and I assumed that my appointments after 36 weeks would be made at each appointment.

Well at my 32 week consultant appointment I didn't get to see my actual consultant I saw a doctor member of his staff and I mentioned about birthing on the midwife led unit as it was next to ward and pregnancy was progressing ok. She went and asked my consultant there and then and he said he would make the decision at 38 weeks which I said fine.

Following week I saw midwife and she read in my notes about possibility of birthing at midwife led unit and she said she didn't know why he was considering it because I really need to be on the ward plus I would need to be induced at 40 weeks due to my pregnancy complications which she is correct about because I was booked for an induction with my first son at 40 weeks and this pregnancy has even more issues then my first pregnancy.

Then on Tuesday I had my 36 week consultant appointment and I again saw a member of his staff but was a different doctor to one I saw at 32 weeks she asked me if this was the last appointment I crew had booked and I said yes and she said that means I didn't need any more appointments and my care was back to my community midwife which I thought was really strange but I didn't question it because because she had read in my notes about the consultant deciding about the midwife led unit and said because I not got a 38 week appointment it would needed to be decided that day so she went to ask the consultant who okayed me for midwife led unit so I assumed I just didn't need to have any more appointments

today I get an appointment through the post for 38 weeks :-/ department is shut til Monday so can't ring til then

do you think appointment is error or should I have had appointment made for me

I did think it was strange that I was under high risk clinic and to suddenly be signed off from it 4 weeks before my due date when my pregnancy complications are not anything that can be resolved

so I am assuming I need the appointment I just can't help but wonder why I was told no more appointments if I was supposed to have more?

I'm not sure to be honest, had the same thing happen to me. Was told at 32 week consultant appt that it was the last one and good luck with the labour and birth and yet today received another appointment for 38 weeks :shrug: Definitely give them a ring just to enquire. x

hmm il be ringing up in the morning to find out :)

I don't really have anything to add, but wanted to say I hate receiving appointment letters at the weekend. You can never call them to ask questions until during the week.

I would be going to it as you said they will induce you at 40 weeks so you will need to arrange an appointment for that and at this part in the pregnancy you still want to be checked over..
Im high risk and have been having appointment every two weeks. Just had my 38 last week and im booked in for a 40 week unless I go before then.. most of my appointment have been short as there has been know new or bad things that have happened but makes me feel more relaxed with thses appointments

Why are you high risk? What are your complications..
Xx

i rang its just a routine consultant appointment that i should have been told about

Why are you high risk? What are your complications..
Xx

anti-E antibodies and a low pappa level

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"