does this sound a bit silly?

highhopes19

Reaction score
me and OH are still ttc but we've picked some names already:blush:
infact its the only thing thats keeping me sane and giving me somthing to hope for :haha:.

my OH surname is fisher and im reallt struggleing to find names i like that go with it.

we've deffinatly decided its going to be isobel for a girl so it will be Isobel Fisher, but im not sure if it sounds ok together:dohh:

and for a boy we like frankie,freddie or rory.

but do they go with fisher,

do frankie fisher and freddie fisher sound a bit silly iykwim?
:flower:

Isobel Fisher and Rory Fisher sound fine to me. Frankie Fisher and Freddie Fisher do sound a bit odd. I am not a fan of first (or last) letters being the same. It causes names not to flow well, in my opinion.

Isobel Fisher sounds lovely! I like Rory Fisher too!

I have to agree the double 'F' names don't sound quite right! xx

my OH is adament that if its a boy its going to be called freddie:dohh:

i love the name Rory:cloud9:
other boys names i like but he doesnt are:

Oakley
Harry
Toby
Max
Blaire
Blake

i think its definatly going to stay isobel, but other girls names i like are:

lydia (i love it i think it sounds so pretty OH hates it)
lacey
lola
poppy (but thats my dogs name,that would be weird i think:blush:)
lilly
paige(but then OH went 'paige...what number:dohh:)

do any of them go nicely with Fisher? :flower::kiss:

I love Max! It's my favourite for a boy but OH doesn't like it! :(

I think Toby Fisher sounds great! All those boys names go nicely with Fisher!

I love all your girls choices, really pretty, girly names! Lola, Poppy & Lily especially! I do think people would find it strange if
your baby & dog had the same name though! OH wanted Bailey for a boy but it was our hamsters name! :dohh:

Haha my OH loves Paige for a girl too and he loves books so people keep making jokes about it! Things like .. 'What's the next one going to be called ..Spine??' Poor OH :haha:

Have you got middle names? xx

I love Max! It's my favourite for a boy but OH doesn't like it! :(

I think Toby Fisher sounds great! All those boys names go nicely with Fisher!

I love all your girls choices, really pretty, girly names! Lola, Poppy & Lily especially!

Haha my OH loves Paige for a girl too and he loves books so people keep making jokes about it! Things like .. 'What's the next one going to be called ..Spine??' Poor OH :haha:

Have you got a middle names? xx

we have 2 potential middle names.

marie as middle name for a girl as its my mums aswell and mine, but im not sure if it goes with those names and also as its a new baby i want her to have a new name iykwim :shrug:
for a boy my OH likes John as a middle name as it was his grandads name but its also my dads middle name, but again as with the girls name im not sure for the same reasons :shrug:

x

Isobel Marie Fisher sounds really cute! Personally I prefer the spelling Isabelle, I think maybe it looks more soft and feminine.

I know what you mean, when I was pregnant I kept getting told that if I have a boy the middle name has to be a family name and I just felt that Michael William didn't go with the names I liked and a bit annoyed that I was being pressured into it! I think it seemed more of a big deal because of hormones to be honest! :haha:
As soon as Jayden was born OH said that he wanted Charlie his middle name and I just agreed. I have regretted it even since! I really wish I used a family now! My Dad was really upset I didn't use his middle name! I've got my fingers crossed for another boy so I can use William next time!

You might not feel like this but I think it would mean alot to your family :flower:

I think Isabelle Fisher sounds good together! (Love it! But prefer this spelling...)

I think i would avoid Lilly Fisher since both names are "water" related (like going fishing for lilly pads or something!) Also would maybe avoid names that are also nouns (Poppy/Paige) since fisher is a noun too, iykwim

I like Toby & Blake -- But i think Freddie Fisher sounds fine! Not silly at all!

How about variations of the family names as middle names:

Isobel Maria Fisher
Isobel Mari Fisher
Isobel Mariah Fisher

Freddie Jonathan Fisher

my oh surname is fisher aswell...

we have a little boy together called mikey fisher and im expecting another and if it a girl she will be bella jane fisher and a boy is lucas john fisher!

it is a had surname to find a name to suit it!!

oh and my parthner first name is rodney... but it always makes me tink of "fishing rod" (rodney fisher) :wacko:
:happydance:

Doesn't sound silly at all lots of people discuss names before they even start trying - my boyfriends last name is Phillips - same problem. No FFs or LLs for us (Ella Phillips Finley Phillips etc all sound rubbish)
Isobel Fisher sounds lovely though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->