does this sound a bit silly?

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by highhopes19, Jan 29, 2011.

1. highhopes19

highhopes19 Well-Known Member

me and OH are still ttc but we've picked some names already:blush:
    infact its the only thing thats keeping me sane and giving me somthing to hope for :haha:.

my OH surname is fisher and im reallt struggleing to find names i like that go with it.

we've deffinatly decided its going to be isobel for a girl so it will be Isobel Fisher, but im not sure if it sounds ok together:dohh:

and for a boy we like frankie,freddie or rory.

but do they go with fisher,

do frankie fisher and freddie fisher sound a bit silly iykwim?
    :flower:

2. teddiebear_hu

teddiebear_hu Well-Known Member

Isobel Fisher and Rory Fisher sound fine to me. Frankie Fisher and Freddie Fisher do sound a bit odd. I am not a fan of first (or last) letters being the same. It causes names not to flow well, in my opinion.

3. LunaRose

LunaRose Mum of a Boy & Girl

Isobel Fisher sounds lovely! I like Rory Fisher too!

I have to agree the double 'F' names don't sound quite right! xx

4. highhopes19

my OH is adament that if its a boy its going to be called freddie:dohh:

i love the name Rory:cloud9:
    other boys names i like but he doesnt are:

Oakley
    Harry
    Toby
    Max
    Blaire
    Blake

i think its definatly going to stay isobel, but other girls names i like are:

lydia (i love it i think it sounds so pretty OH hates it)
    lacey
    lola
    poppy (but thats my dogs name,that would be weird i think:blush:)
    lilly
    paige(but then OH went 'paige...what number:dohh:)

do any of them go nicely with Fisher? :flower::kiss:

5. LunaRose

I love Max! It's my favourite for a boy but OH doesn't like it! :(

I think Toby Fisher sounds great! All those boys names go nicely with Fisher!

I love all your girls choices, really pretty, girly names! Lola, Poppy & Lily especially! I do think people would find it strange if
    your baby & dog had the same name though! OH wanted Bailey for a boy but it was our hamsters name! :dohh:

Haha my OH loves Paige for a girl too and he loves books so people keep making jokes about it! Things like .. 'What's the next one going to be called ..Spine??' Poor OH :haha:

Have you got middle names? xx

6. highhopes19

we have 2 potential middle names.

marie as middle name for a girl as its my mums aswell and mine, but im not sure if it goes with those names and also as its a new baby i want her to have a new name iykwim :shrug:
    for a boy my OH likes John as a middle name as it was his grandads name but its also my dads middle name, but again as with the girls name im not sure for the same reasons :shrug:

x

7. LunaRose

Isobel Marie Fisher sounds really cute! Personally I prefer the spelling Isabelle, I think maybe it looks more soft and feminine.

I know what you mean, when I was pregnant I kept getting told that if I have a boy the middle name has to be a family name and I just felt that Michael William didn't go with the names I liked and a bit annoyed that I was being pressured into it! I think it seemed more of a big deal because of hormones to be honest! :haha:
    As soon as Jayden was born OH said that he wanted Charlie his middle name and I just agreed. I have regretted it even since! I really wish I used a family now! My Dad was really upset I didn't use his middle name! I've got my fingers crossed for another boy so I can use William next time!

You might not feel like this but I think it would mean alot to your family :flower:

8. RubyRainbows

RubyRainbows TTC Baby#2 Since Oct/2009

I think Isabelle Fisher sounds good together! (Love it! But prefer this spelling...)

I think i would avoid Lilly Fisher since both names are "water" related (like going fishing for lilly pads or something!) Also would maybe avoid names that are also nouns (Poppy/Paige) since fisher is a noun too, iykwim

I like Toby & Blake -- But i think Freddie Fisher sounds fine! Not silly at all!

How about variations of the family names as middle names:

Isobel Maria Fisher
    Isobel Mari Fisher
    Isobel Mariah Fisher

Freddie Jonathan Fisher

9. charlene7828

charlene7828 Well-Known Member

my oh surname is fisher aswell...

we have a little boy together called mikey fisher and im expecting another and if it a girl she will be bella jane fisher and a boy is lucas john fisher!

it is a had surname to find a name to suit it!!

10. charlene7828

charlene7828 Well-Known Member

oh and my parthner first name is rodney... but it always makes me tink of "fishing rod" (rodney fisher) :wacko:
    :happydance:

11. K4tiemay

K4tiemay Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound silly at all lots of people discuss names before they even start trying - my boyfriends last name is Phillips - same problem. No FFs or LLs for us (Ella Phillips Finley Phillips etc all sound rubbish)
    Isobel Fisher sounds lovely though :)

12. vespersonicca

vespersonicca 2 gorgeous boys!

The Toby Fisher suggestion has a nice ring to it.