Does this sound like an ok eating plan? Also does your birth control add weight?

utterbubble

Reaction score
Hi please let me know your opinions about this food plan?

B/f: Banana or nutrigrain b/f bar APPROX 200 cals

Lunch: sandwich wholemeal bread no butter with either ham and salad or tuna and salad approx 300 cals

Dinner: either a 200-300g baked potato with small portion of either:

Chilli approx 250 cals
Cheese 40g approx 200
tuna 1 sml tin 65cals
beans approx 250 cals

OR
an omelette, 100g of brown pasta with a pasta sauce, or weight watchers oven meal...

drinks: tea with sweenters or sugar free/ low cal squash

:) any improvements hints/tips appreciated

also exercise 1hr walking with pram per day :D

(i may be going onto an hormonal contraceptive soon, just wondering whether any of you have had weight gain or find it super hard to get weight off since being on bc)

Thanks!!

Hi, I would say that that isn't enough food. An absolute minimum amount of calories you should be consuming is 1200 a day, then if you exercise you need to eat more than that. Have you heard about myfitnesspal? That's what I use to track my calories and exercise and I've had a lot of success so far. Good luck xx

Hi, I would say that that isn't enough food. An absolute minimum amount of calories you should be consuming is 1200 a day, then if you exercise you need to eat more than that. Have you heard about myfitnesspal? That's what I use to track my calories and exercise and I've had a lot of success so far. Good luck xx

Thank you :) i will increase portions to ensure i get 1,100 per day :D

There's not much fruit and Veg in there.
You've got your banana at breakfast, and your salad st lunch - but that seems to be it.
Could you add some more Veg to your main meal?
I'd also avoid the WW meals, where you can. They're full of processed crap, even though they're low cal.
Hope that helps a bit. Good luck.
xx

There's not much fruit and Veg in there.
You've got your banana at breakfast, and your salad st lunch - but that seems to be it.
Could you add some more Veg to your main meal?
I'd also avoid the WW meals, where you can. They're full of processed crap, even though they're low cal.
Hope that helps a bit. Good luck.
xx

I would say aim for 3 small meals a day with 3 small snacks. It will keep you fuller for longer having a more regular intake of food and also it will keep your metabolism ticking over therefore burning fat better.

Also, I would say your breakfast is lacking protein, also good for keeping you fuller for longer.

Ideas:

Breakfast:

*Yoghurt and a banana.
*Smoothie (I just use a hand blender for ease to blend up fruit, yoghurt, milk and 1tbsp oats)

Lunch:

*Wholemeal pitta filled with houmous, spinach, peppers and red onion.
*Ryvitas topped with light cream cheese, cucumber and served with cherry tomatoes.

Plus a yoghurt.

Dinner:

*Tuna and avocado or egg salad with new potatoes.
*Healthy fresh soup (Rather than canned. Tomato based are usually best) and wholemeal bread.
*Chicken stirfry with noodles.

Snacks:

*Fruit Bowl School Bar - One of your 5-a-day. I'm not a big fruit fan but these are yummy.
*10 x plain nuts.
*Unsalted plain popcorn.

:flower:

thanks for the reply fairy_gem i've altered that plan to have more protein and snacks as i read it i smiled as i've obv made a good change lol :) many thanks x

Depends on what kind of contraceptive you go on whether it will add weight and really depends too just on how your body reacts to it.

Myself, I refuse to ever use a hormonal contraceptive again after the AWFUL experience I had with Depo Provera... 1 shot and I ballooned from a size 9 to a size 16 before I was even due for my 2nd shot (which I never ever took due to the initial shot's weight gain) and it took my body years to balance out and metabolize properly again even with exercise and healthy eating.

I got the copper IUD back in January and am loving it so far.

Just make sure to eat lean meats, natural grains, good proteins etc... throughout. For me, I honestly just watch the calories (for the most part)- but obviously healthier choices keep me fuller longer and also aid in my weight loss goal-- I also work out regularly and track those burned calories too- so I can eat more! LOL.

Personally I usually have higher protein in the mornings- to keep fuller longer. Like 2 eggs with a little chedder cheese- then a spinach salad for lunch with loads of veggies, some cottage cheese and light dressing... dinner varies much more. I just try to eat more protein/good carbs etc... you'll find what works best for you :)

I've been on loestrin 24 since I went on the pill after LO was born (I was not on the pill for about 4yrs prior)-- and I've not noticed it affecting my weight loss at all. I really only "tried" to lose weight by watching calories after LO was born- so not a lot to compare too-- but even before when I wasn't on the pill I still had to do the work. The pill I'm on is low dose- so that helps regulate me more and I don't have periods or cramps or hardly ever PMS. So all good "side affects" haha.

Depends on what kind of contraceptive you go on whether it will add weight and really depends too just on how your body reacts to it.

Myself, I refuse to ever use a hormonal contraceptive again after the AWFUL experience I had with Depo Provera... 1 shot and I ballooned from a size 9 to a size 16 before I was even due for my 2nd shot (which I never ever took due to the initial shot's weight gain) and it took my body years to balance out and metabolize properly again even with exercise and healthy eating.

I got the copper IUD back in January and am loving it so far.

Funny how i posted this a while back and i actually had a gynefix copper IUD fitted yesterday :) so far so good so fingers crossed x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->