does this sound like CIO?

sixtwelve09

Reaction score
My 3 week old is having a growth spurt I think. She is ebf and is on me literaly all day. Up until now my dh has been off work and taking care of everything, but now he has to go back. Ive had to get back into the swing of doing things for myself even though I only do the barest of minimums. I put my baby down in a cot or swing when I need a shower or to use the bathroom and she screams and cries until she turns purple amd cant get her breath. I also put her down when I have to make meals for my 5 year old and things like that, but its so hard to hear her screaming and I wonder if making her cry for 5 or 10 mins will mess up our bond. I try talking to her so she knows im still round but it doesnt make a difference. Ive also tried wearin her but sje just wants to nurse and wails bc she cant. I have yet to figure out the logistics of nursing in my baby k'tan. I know lots of mothers have to put their babies down and let them cry sometimes, but my baby just gets so upset I worry this is having the same effect as CIO.

Could she possibly have silent reflux? My LO was a frequent feeder as well and hated to be laid down, and we eventually found that it was due to silent reflux. Once treated, things got a lot better.

I would have the same worries. I'd say figure out the logistics of babywearing and nursing at the same time. I don't think a baby should have to cry for that long.

I too worry about this in the car. It's not always practical to pull over (like on motorway).

Is it mainly the early eve/dinner time?.... That was the time my lo just wanted boob mostly, so I got a slowcooker to reduce time/stress in the kitchen x

I would also try to figure out nursing while babywearing. Can you try a stretchy or woven wrap? That might work better than a K'Tan and will solve your dilemma. I wouldn't want a newborn to cry for that long personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->