does this sound like eczema ?

Naimi

Reaction score
Matthew has little red bumps on his cheeks which flare up when he's upset or over heated (wrapped up in the pram for example). They stay there for a while and gradually disappear once he's calmed down or cooled down. They are mostly on his cheeks but occasionally a few show up behind his ears and on his forehead.

Neither of my girls had this so not sure what I can do to help or if anything in particular has caused it. Could it have anything to do with changing to stage 2 milk in the last few days?

Naimi

Lily has red patches that only flare up when she cries also one on the base of her neck which is always there I asked the HV as I was worried and she said it was perfectly normal they are like birthmarks that will fade with time :shrug: She said her eldest was just losing his and he is four.

Dunno if that helps :rofl:

xx

eczema is dry prickly and flakey so i dont think so, and as an adult i get red patches on my cheeks when im too hot or upset but i also have eczema ahh i dont really know now.. if your worried get a doc to check it out

:)

Thanks girls. He has his 8 week check up with the doctor next week so I'll ask then. Seeing as it does only flare up when he's upset or overly warm it's probably just a heat rash.

thanks again

I wasn't sure with Juleikas skin condition either :hi:

it also looked more like a heatrush to me rather than eczema.
we went from the johnson baby oil back to the pure olive oil, what we were using in the beginning, with which she had absolutely beautiful skin!
we also left her without clothes for about an hour and then the rush disappeared :baby:

we asked the nurse @ her appoinment for the second lot of jabs and she said - it was not really rushed anymore @ that stage - if it is coming back, we should come and see the doc.

can you let me know next week what doc said?

that would be great :hi:

Nah that doesn't sound like it to me. Sounds like a heat/stress rash. My daughter had eczema REALLY bad for the first year and a half of her life! It started out as just really dry rough patches on her skin, then in the crooks of her elbows and backs of her knees it turned thick, red, and scaley and it hurt her badly! It was horrible, and it was agrivated by sweating and heat. NOTHING helped it until we moved half way across the country, to higher elevation and no humidity! Once we moved it cleared up overnight! I was THRILLED! For a year now she's been totally eczema free!

Bethanie has eczema and has pretty much what you're describing (although it has cleared up loads now). It started as a little rash on her forehead, chest and cheeks, she also got dry patches on her skin (sometimes a bit raw looking). She also got very sore in places and developed some infection from where the skin was scaling/cracking up a bit. Once this was treated, we were given Aqueous cream for 5 times a day and Oilatum bath oil.. her skin is lovely now, but still gets dry if we don't cream her enough.

Hope that helps and hope the doc gives you some good advice. :)

Our fourteen month old son Colin had the most dreadful Eczema with many dashes in the night to hospital because he got so bad. On searching the internet we found Aalgo, which we then ordered. On receipt of Aalgo we telephoned to ask advice and the person could not have been more helpful, and told us to phone any time of the day or night and who ever was on duty on the helpline would help us. This we have done on several occasions. To start with we bathed him twice a day, and after two weeks cut it to once a day, he is now on two baths a week and his skin is totally clear, we were also warned by the staff that since he was so bad when he cleared we should always bath him when he was teething. We cannot praise your company enough. The product has proven to be everything you claim it is on your website, and the after sales service is superb. Best regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->