Does this sound like i need to change teats?

AP

Reaction score
Alex used to wolf down her milk and now shes not interested, she just plays with the teat, wriggles and it can take aaaaages to feed now - we're talking nearly an hour, which is just silly, I know!

I know part of this might be reflux but this has been under control since we got meds and shes on gaviscon.

Quite possible. James was getting frustrated so we changed him to size 2 teats and he now takes it much better.

Happened with Carter he was on slow and he would take forever and struggle so much so i switched him to fast because my bottles didnt offer medium. Than he was dribbling like crazy so i tried medium and he didnt like those either guess hes just a pig lol. I would suggest going up a size it shouldnt take an hour to finish a bottle :)

It used to take only 20 mins!

I mean c'mon,my house needs hoovered :rofl:

Sounds like it could certainly be worth a try changing teats. Romilly has been on stage 2 since she was about 2 weeks old, on the advice of our mw. They've never caused her any problems. The way Alex is feeding sounds like how Romilly was before we swapped - sometimes felt like it was almost time to start feeding her again by the time she'd finished a bottle and been winded!

Yeah it sounds like you need to change teats hun, if she's not getting enough out fast enough she will be very angry with the bottle :lol:

I agree with the girls.... Sienna was taking forever on her bottles and giving up in the end as it was taking so long, so we switched her and now she is polishing bottles off in 10-15 mins :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi i have a 14 week old baby, hes feeding rouoghly 3-4 hours in day and night times vary, after having 7 oz of bottle he sometimes has he fists in his mouth and little moaning until i put his dummy in, then he starts to fall asleep, before can be winded, if i take bottle out between feeds to wind he crys unless has dummy in. im not sure whether he's teething as he at times is dribbling, and when i out finger in mouth he chews it. at moment hes only taking 4 oz then the 3oz after 1 hour ish or hes draining 7 oz. he has a chesty cough at the moment and finding it hard to bring wind up sometimes, or sometimes straight away he burps. and hes on size 1 teets tommy tippee, sometimes falling asleep at last 2 oz. do i up his teet size? do i start introducing solids slowly as hes hungry after 7 oz? whats the best advice as im struggling to know what to do. first baby! thanks very much

2's are too slow for my boy and 3's are too fast!

Tommee Tippee do a variflow teat so however hard the baby sucks the flow matches it. Maybe worth you trying that. I don't think weaning will help at such a young age just up his milk and feed him on demand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->