Does this sound like ovulation bleeding?

britgirl82

Reaction score
I stopped breastfeeding #2 5-6weeks ago and haven't had a period yet.

From last Thursday I had EWCM: started just a little, then by Monday it was crazy. Two huge big lumps of the stuff from when I went searching and then shiny streaks on wiping.

Tuesday my CM had gone back to sticky: white, clumpy stuff. Until the evening when I felt wet, went to wipe and got some reddish stuff on the paper. Thinking it was my period I put in a tampon, took it out later and there was nothing on it.

Today my CM is again very unfertile.

I'm not temping since it drives me crazy.

Does this sound like possible ovulation bleeding or breakthrough bleeding or a light period? Any ideas?

It sounds a lot like my very first period during breastfeeding. I was still nursing when AF came back for me (11 months post pardum), and it was a crazy first cycle. I'd have random spots of pink, then some red, then nothing for a few days.. repeat, and THEN I had the worst, heaviest AF that I can remember. :growlmad:

I'm hoping it's ovulation bleeding for you, though. Has it ever happened before?

Thanks for replying.

Full story is that I've been having very light periods ever since DS was 6m old (I stopped nursing at 12m). I was ovulating (confirmed with a scan and OPKs) and then I'd get some spotting two weeks later. My last 'period' was Feb 26 and it was a little bit heavier than the others but only just: still very light.

Since I'd been getting spotting whilst nursing, I assumed that if I were to have a period post-nursing it'd be heavy, not just spotting. But this spotting would be 35 days after my last episode of spotting which is a bit longer than my normal cycles (they were 31 days) but still possible.

Argh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->