does this sound right?

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
well ive just called the doctors to book my first apointment as i havnt been to doctors since i have found out im pregnant.
they said i dont need to see a doctor but they will be book me in with the midwife. but my apointment isnt until 3rd January, so ill be 10 weeks and so many days.

does this sound right? it seems like i should have seen someone before then, even just for the doctors to confirm the pregnancy.
i dont know it might just be me.

I didnt see a MW until 9 weeks

X

sounds about right, we don't see anyone until 12 weeks now, i think it varies area to area

yes the woman i spoke to on the phone she said you usually see the MW between 8 and 12 weeks but she was fully booked until jan so ive got the earliest i can.
i just wanted to see a doctor/MWbefore xmas a we are planning on telling everyone on xmas day.
thanks

Yeah thats about right, i went to see MW when i was about five weeks but you dont really need to go that early, they dont really do anything, just take your history and give you some info etc. I am seeing mine again in two weeks, so i will be 12 weeks by then. Then first scan on the 4 January yay!!!

I went to see my new doc on mon.. told him im pregnant...
He just told me to see the receptionist, fill out some forms & said I'll get an appt from the hosp.. Is that it??

Is the letter from the hosp going to be a scan letter or midwife?? confused!!

I got a letter from my MW and hospital for scan so I wouldnt worry 2 much

xx

Perfectly normal unless theres reasons why they like to check on yoru first (miscarriages, etc).

ok thank you girls.
im not to worried about it now,
only 2 more weeks til i see her now.

this happened with me when i called the doctors, the receptionist asked why i needed the appointment and i said id had a pos preg test back she said you dont need a doctor its the midwife i see but i always thought doctor had to confirm the pregnancy first then refer you to a midwife but i gues its all changed now hope everything goes ok with the midwife when you see her good luck and have a nice xmas :) x

Some people I've spoken to have had to wait till about 12 weeks to see a mw. The appointments get booked up fast. I booked 3 weeks in advance for my 16 week appointment and still couldn't get one till I was closer to 17 weeks. Doctors rarely see you about your pregnancy until the later stages unless you have a problem, in which case they normally see you quite quickly. I think it's because hpt are so good that you don't need a doctor to confirm it. You can't get a false positive. Even the midwife doesn't give you a pregnancy test.

I was about 5 weeks along and was seeing the OB for a lump on my breast. I had made the appointment two weeks ahead of time. Looking back I was about 3 weeks pregnant (obviously I couldn't know I was pregnant I was about 4 dpo). Ended up doing POAS 5 days after I made the appointment whereby I had a BFP :baby:.

Went to doc when I was about 5 weeks along, and they were surprised when I said I just found out I was pregnant too. So they did a confirmation office pee test, and told me to come back when I was at least 8-9 weeks along. :hissy:

That was a long wait. LOL.

:cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back