Does Your Baby cry for you when you are not there?

taperjeangirl

Reaction score
Just wondering really, cos Daisy wont stay with anyone apart from me and her Daddy, and if we do leave her she screams the whole time ( you would think she would get tired but she doesn't)

She has started crying for me when I am at work and her Daddy says it's a nightmare cos I can be away for up to 6 hours:cry:

I tell him she must have wind but i know it isn't so i say that just to make him feel better.

Is this just a phase?

Oh's sister and Mum think that Daisy doesn't like them cos she crys whenever they lift her, or if OH takes her to their houses.

Is anyone else's little one the same, or do I just have a really clingy baby?!

:shrug:

Ellie is the same its getting to the point where even if i look like im leaving the room she cries she sometimes cries when anybody else holds her. Benn my first was the same and he was clingy until he was about 2 if not older complete nightmare.

Hannah won't let anyone hold her but Stan and me (and my mother but not his mother :rofl:). She also CRIES when anyone enters the apartment :dohh:

But I was talking to my pediatrician and she said that it's completely normal at this age to have stranger anxiety

Yeah stranger anxiety sets in from 5-9 months I believe, then they go into a stage where they want to talk to everyone

Lola has always been somewhat clingy but from about a month back it has really set in. It also doesn't help that me and her live alone...

Yeah stranger anxiety sets in from 5-9 months I believe, then they go into a stage where they want to talk to everyone

Thanks, I just looked this up online, and it all sounds pretty normal! Explaining to people why she screams at them is the hard part!

I can only remember my 1st daughter wanting to talk to anyone that would listen!

I think that it happens at that age because its the first time that they realise that mummy and them are seperate people! I'm pretty sure that little babies still think that they're a part of mummy, so when they realise that they're not, it freaks them out to be apart from her, because they feel alone without mummy!

I know from work its pretty stressful time for mums who are leaving their babies in care! Particularly if they start their baby in care when they're 5-6 months old and then suddenly at 9 months old their baby is screaming not to be left! Those babies do tend to stay a little on-edge all day! That said, anyone putting babies in care, I'd say 8/10 babies cry on seperation and 9/10 babies who cry on seperation stop pretty much as soon as mummy has left the building! Which is HEARTBREAKING for mummy, but their LOs are then happy ALL DAY without a single tear! (then some of them start up again as soon as they see mummy, like they're retroactively missing mummy!)

She'll more than likely grow out of it, and I think that its good for her to still have time away from you during this time, because she'll learn that even though you appear to be gone, you always always always come back! Maybe try it at home during the day, like in her room with some toys, while she's safe, walk out of the room talking to her and then go and do something and come back to her after a few minutes (or longer if she's not calling out for you) so she gets comfortable knowing that you leave and come back -Just a thought-

Also, maybe once your family understands whats going on, they'll feel less stressed and hurt when she cries that they'll be more at ease, so she'll also relax with them... again... just a thought!

Lincoln let anyone hold him but I have to there,
last night my sister held him and walked to the book store (were in the shopping mall) and we were having some food and she came back 5 min later because he started crying and looking for me
maybe babies feel insecure when they are apart from their mummies

If thats the case, my boy is not normal. He gets super excited anytime someone new comes into the house. If we are out shopping, he ignores us and chats up all the ladies.

If we are in the lounge, he runs off and goes to play in his bedroom by himself. I wish he would not want to leave us sometimes or even get a little upset that I'm leaving him for the day (he smiles when I leave)

I'm sure your LO is just going through a phase and will grow out of it soon.

archie is such a flirt - he'll let anyone hold him if he's in the mood!!! As I have a b&b I am always having to ask someone to hold him during breakfast while I get more coffee etc, he is fine as long as I wait a second just to reassure him. If he's tired and irritable then generally he is happiest to be with me. Archie just hates the in yer face attitude people have with babies, that really upsets him if he isn't adjusted to the other people, then he'll only want his mummy and at a push daddy!

Stranger anxiety doesn't seem to have set in with Erin yet as she is happy and gets excited when people come to her or hold her. She goes to a childminders and has never cried when I take her there. She is aware of someone or somewhere different as she takes a while to smile but when happy she smiles away. Maybe I've got this to come!! xx

Oliver will be held by other people - but only if I am around. I could never leave him with someone and go out somewhere - not even my husband! I spend far to much time with him Monday - Friday and he relies on me far more than I should let him! He is getting better though, so watch this space.

callum loves other people and lets anyone hold him but if he wakes up at night and im not there then all hell breaks loose, so much so that i dont go out anymore.

My sons going through it right now , I have to be around him or he will cry ..but now hes gotten into the phase of "i want daddy only" and my DH is going a tad nuts lol

Hi Ya. Toby does not really mind who holds him and he often stays over my mums for the night and my MIL has him once a week too, but its been this arrangement since he was born so maybe he is just used to it!! I go back to work soon too. Toby does seem to prefer women to men though!! He sometimes will do this high pitched squeak at my FIL and cry and at my brother but he does not see them much but he loves my dad who he sees nearly everyday. He loves his nannies and aunties though!! He even sometimes does high pitched squeak at daddy when he comes in from work or in the mornings!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->