Does your baby have reflux?

someoldgirl

Reaction score
and do you dream feed?

We thought we'd give it a go last night and tried a dreamfeed but he brought it all back up a few minutes later.

Just wondering if this is due to his reflux (he's on medication for confirmed reflux) or if it's still possible and this was a blip.

He's 10 weeks tomorrow and currently waking for feeds at around 11/12 then 2 and 4. He's only once missed his 2am feed so we thought a dreamfeed might help him drop one of these feeds.

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions? x

My LO has very severe reflux (medicated) and dreamfeeds, we do it in the usual feeding position and move her to upright as she's being put back into bed, that gets the burp out very gently and the milk stays down .... Night time feeds are the only bloody time it does tho!!

I haven't ever dream fed as my LO had confirmed silent reflux, pants isn't it. He's starting to improve but still on Gaviscon. I hold him upright for 25 minutes (trying to cut it down a few minutes at a time now) after his night feed. Your LO will start to improve, it's so tiring though, I feel for you x

It's interesting that some will take to it and others not.

I didn't manage to get any wind up after his dreamfeed which maybe why it came back. I might try again and keep winding until it's successful. Thankfully he's not unhappy when sick.

I wouldn't do a dreamfeed with a reflux baby, I wouldn't want to give them milk if they weren't too hungry for it, as the more they eat the worse it can get.

I wouldn't do a dreamfeed with a reflux baby, I wouldn't want to give them milk if they weren't too hungry for it, as the more they eat the worse it can get.

I get what you're saying but the dreamfeed would be not too long before he wakes for a feed anyway and he only snacks so he would be hungry or at least not full.

I wouldn't do it for mine but he had severe reflux. You can try just a few times and if it seems to work okay then keep going. There is quite a range of reflux and if it's not severe or too bad, then a dreamfeed may work. If it only happened once then it may have just been an isolated episode (we still have those from time to time!)

Same here.

Tried to dream feed Evie once and never again.

I'd rather her wake for a feed ;)

I suppose it's not right for everyone.

His reflux is under control and not too bad at the moment, thanks to the medication so it may well work for us but we'll see.

Thanks!

My LO has reflux, and we dream feed. He sleeps on a wedge though

MY LO's reflux is extremely severe and it works for us, reflux doesn't mean you cant do it, some reflux babies (mine included) are fine with it.

For many reflux babies nighttime is the only time they can eat properly as its when the stomach doesn't produce any acid (usually, for some babies this isn't the case) so eating is easier, calmer and doesn't come back at them.

My girl barely manages 2-3oz during the day, and even then an oz or so comes back, but at night she can polish off 5oz no issues.

I tried a dreamfeed once & it didnt help, so didnt try again.

My LO is older than your LO & now she doesnt have a bottle past 6pm, it helps her sleep better :sleep:

Like Farie, my little girl's silent reflux is (was - hopefully) bad and we used to dream feed her till she started refusing the morning milk as not hungry so we dropped it. Her last feed is now 6pm. The reasons Farie has given are spot on and for ages we found the dream feed her most successful feed.
Freya sleeps on her tummy and has done since 6 weeks (with breathing monitor).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->