Does Your Baby Switch Sides?

Quailpower

Reaction score
Ive been thinking about this today as intending to bring it up to my MW on friday.

Im very slim and have a tiny bump and Ive been getting kicked into oblivion since about 16 weeks.

From about 25 weeks, I've been able to tell how baby is lying in utero - My aunt is a MW and showed me how to feel for back, bum and head and this was reinforced by where the kicks were landing and occasionally feeling the head press up high against my ribs.

But from 25 weeks Ive noticed he/she has not moved from my right side!

Baby has been sat upright with head tucked under my right boob and bum at the bottom of my bump on the right side. Legs and arms flailing around on my left side (baby is very kicky and seems to love to strech my bump sideways ouch)

Shouldn't he/she be doing flips and twists and moving all over the show? I tried lying on my left side a few times, so baby would be face down and maybe turn over. But he/she got really mad and unleashed a storm of kicks and punches that were so painful I ended up giving up!

Anyone else got a baby thats set to camp out the whole pregnancy in the "sweet spot"?

I am starting to get nervous about breech births and c sections even tho ive got plenty of time!

My one baby has been in the same position since about 24 weeks (on the right side, bottom planted on my cervix). The other one moves a bit more, but on the left/ top since his brother takes up the right.

Usually my little girl is head down and kicking away at my ribs. But there are a few times during the week she is laying side ways, but always manages to find her head back down. I will feel her kicking from my right and left all depending on where her back/bum is.

I have no clue where my baby is!

But what I do know is I only feel movements and kicks in certain places and they have never really changed so it makes me think he's pretty much always been in the same position!

I have no clue where my baby is!

But what I do know is I only feel movements and kicks in certain places and they have never really changed so it makes me think he's pretty much always been in the same position!

You should ask your MW to show you next time she feels for herself. Its strangely satisfying knowing where he/she is and whats he/she is doing!

I can't really feel anything thing distinctive though.

I press my belly and it may feel a little hard in some places but I couldn't even 100% say it was baby!

It all feels the same to me.

Ill ask her at my next appointment tho what position he is in

mine is still breech with head under my right ribs and bum planted on cervix, i feel the odd movements on left side which im assuming are hand flailing about, when she stretched its is sooo uncomfy and it feels like she is going further into my right side and towards my back

I can't really feel anything thing distinctive though.

I press my belly and it may feel a little hard in some places but I couldn't even 100% say it was baby!

It all feels the same to me.

Ill ask her at my next appointment tho what position he is in

You do have to press quite hard otherwise you just feel how hard to uterus is. My MW squishes me like a toothpaste tube! Thankfully I dont press that hard in case I poke bubs in the eye or something lol!

That might be my problem then I'd everything feels the same!

I'm just poking my uterus! Haha

My baby seems to favour my left side, switched over to right once but not for long! He/she is currently head down, not quite engaged, body down my left side and little limbs kicking towards my right!

My lo did have her head under my right ribs, bum down, and limbs across on the left, one evening, about 30 weeks, I had a huge amount if pain, my stomach contorted and she moved head down. She's now got her head firmly down (3/5ths engaged) her bum under my left ribs, and all her limbs on my right side, and hasn't moved since apart from dropping down. My midwife didn't even have to touch me yesterday before she could tell where baby was!! x

My lo did have her head under my right ribs, bum down, and limbs across on the left, one evening, about 30 weeks, I had a huge amount if pain, my stomach contorted and she moved head down. She's now got her head firmly down (3/5ths engaged) her bum under my left ribs, and all her limbs on my right side, and hasn't moved since apart from dropping down. My midwife didn't even have to touch me yesterday before she could tell where baby was!! x

This gives me some hope :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->