Does your baby

Mrsmac02

TTC #1
Reaction score
have quiet days? My LO seems to periodically have days where he/she is a bit less active.

I still feel kicks/movement but some days it's less than others.

I wondered if it coincided with growth spurts because I always seem to be more tired and hungry when he's less busy in there! Xx

Yup!

Last weekend he/she was chilling out whereas yesterday and today I'm getting wrestling moves in there!

Thanks Emma, it does kinda freak me out sometimes when i go most of the day with only light kicks but it's happened so often now I'm starting to see a pattern.

My edd is 29 August. 12w Still feels like forever away! Xx

I also notice that my boobs hurt when baby is less active, which is why I was wondering if its related to growth spurts! Xx

Yep! Baby was fidgeting literally ALL day sunday. Mon and tues was barely anything, a few lazy kicks and wriggles. And today we're back to hyperactive gymnastics with a bout of hiccups :cloud9: so so cute

Hey Mrsmac, how's you? Yes mine has days which are quieter like today yet yesterday it was going all day :thumbup:

Thanks ladies, it's so funny how they have little patterns/routines already!

Hey purple, I'm really good thank you. How are you getting on? I can't believe it's only 69 days til baby purple is due. Which means baby mac isn't far off either. Eek! Xx

I'm ravenously hungry on baby's quiet days so I thought it must be growth spurts

Yes. He'll literally sleep all day apart from the little shuffle here n there!

Then be back to his normal self again the next day

I've also noticed that some days, baby flips about a bit and then kicks are lighter - I suspect he/she has moved to face inwards and kicks towards the back rather than the front, hence I notice them less.

I've also done a lot of travelling the last week - Glasgow to Poland, then on to London and back again - so the motion of the plane and all the wandering around sightseeing has maybe tired baby out xx

a lot of the time shes really quiet but now shes starting to get a pattern. most of the time shes only a little active when i wake up but last night and today shes been crazy about getting her way lol. I thought i would never get any sleep last night she was kicking the center of my stumic so hard.

Lol! Tonight I've been having those huge kicks that are so strong you feel like your whole body just shifted! I had to ask DH whether he saw me actually move or whether it was just an internal feeling, which made him chuckle!

He was watching my stomach the other day and was quite impressed at how powerful his LO's kicks are haha! Xx

I have this and I hate it! I'm noticing that she gets into a couple of quieter days after very active ones. The first time I really noticed it was almost 3 weeks ago, freaked out & ended up getting checked out.

She had a nice solid 2 weeks of good activity and has been very quite the last 3 days. I'm supposed to eat/drink & then do kick counts on these days. Monday and Tuesday she was all over the place as soon as I started eating. Today, she made me wait about 20 minutes afterwards.

I hate these days so much.

I have noticed an increase in hunger on her quiet days as well. Today was the most quite of the 3 days, and today I felt pretty ravenous at work.

Yeah it is very disconcerting, I kinda worry about the quite days too. But I've started to recognise a pattern now - 8/9 days busy, active baby; a day/day and a half with less activity plus increased hunger and sometimes sore boobs.

Can't wait til baby is here now, at least I'll be able to look at him/her to see if he/she is ok! Xx

That's how I feel. I know that once she's here, there will only be a lifetime of new worries, but at least I can see her rather than wondering if she's okay.

I've been trying to get less worried about quiet days, but it's so hard. Especially with today because her pattern has shown that she only has about 2 quiet days after many active, and throwing a 3rd even more quiet...

Though after I went in to have her checked at 27 weeks, I'm trying to relax more. LO made a fool of me. I go in & they decided to doppler before doing an u/s. She started attacking the heck out of the doppler (she hates the doppler). So got sent on our way to DH telling me he told me so (in which he almost got decked for that lol). Then as soon as I started eating dinner, she was all over the place & for the rest of the night.

I think she's going to be stubborn.

It's a sure funny thing, I shall miss it when it's out :haha: mine seems to roll and wriggle lots and less kicking at the moment so probably changed positions x

I'm glad to see this post.
I'm 26 weeks and have noticed that baby is super active some days and less active for the next day or so. It always gets me worried when he's not so active. I love feeling him, it's like reassurance that he's growing and happy.

I've also noticed that he's most active - in the morning, after meals, and at bedtime.

I hear ya spunky! Today is the third day LO has been a bit on the quiet side. I feel like I'm getting movement low down towards the back, almost in my bottom but its still really light.

I'm going to give the floor a scrub later, see if that shifts baby into a more obvious position! Xx

Yep. Baby girl will have usually two days of being really active and then next day will be quiet (sometimes two days) and then active again for another two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->