does your child talk to themselves?

alibaba24

Reaction score
Just curious really. I always know my 5 year old is up because she literally starts talking as soon as she opens her eyes :haha: Just wondered if your kids talk to themselves for example she chats to herself all the way to the bathroom every morning it sounded like this this morning

" Im going to be Elsa mummy will be Anna and Ivy will be a silly snowman! "
Its not November anymore its DECEMBER!! "

and its " muuuuunnnndaaaaaay( in funny half singing happy to go back to school voice)" tomorrow.

its like shes just vocalising all the random thoughts that come into her head lol!! she does this until she sees me then is like oh good morning mum! and starts talking the ears off me of course

Declan is 8 now and he still talks to himself, he loves to talk and if nobody is around to listen to him them he will chat to himself. sometimes he gives himself a wee pep-talk in the mornings lol x

Yep mine do and I clearly remember doing so as a child also. :) It is very normal (thou headache creating lol) and will help a child's language and creativity development. :)

My girl will chatter away till the cows come home. My son doesn't just chatter and sing he will just make random noises if he has nothing to say like he just loves the sound of his own voice.

It is amusing to hear her I enjoy listening to her little train of thought :)

My DD does not. She will sing to herself in her bedroom in the mornings, but I'e never heard her talk to her self.

However, my 16 year old son has since he was little. He still talks to himself, I doubt he will ever outgrow it. Sometimes it's a little weird to hear a man talking to himself.

Yup he does all the time, it's funny yesterday I thought he was reading a book but he was in the toilet pooping & talking to himself :rofl:

Yup he does all the time, it's funny yesterday I thought he was reading a book but he was in the toilet pooping & talking to himself :rofl:

This is exactly my DD ! She chatters constantly on the toilet :D

Oh yes, Maria has a constant running conversation with herself. I always talked to myself, still do but I try and keep it silent these days so people don't think I'm crazy :haha:

Yup, its never ending. If she isnt talking to us, shes talking anyway! i think I remember doing that whilst playing too.

Thomas always babbles to himself. I often hear him say bab-ee a lot which is what he calls himself.

Oh yes. Jacob talks non stop from when he gets up to when he goes to sleep, even talks in his sleep! He often talks to himself, and he still has an imaginary friend too. (He's 5)

my 6 year old doesn't but my 2 year old does :)

It's very sweet! It's just random nonsense mainly :haha:

That's really sweet!
I used to talk to myself ALL the time when I was little. I used to narrate my life to an imaginary audience :haha:
Sometimes I catch Lucas muttering to himself but mostly he just sings his own little theme tune. He has a tune for walking down the street, a tune for playing toys, one for going to bed. I don't even notice it anymore!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->