Does your husband hug/kiss/cuddle your son?

Sorry to day it but I find that odd and not developmentally appropriate. 9 month olds need hugs and kisses from the people who love them.

My partner hugs, kisses, tickles, swings, blows raspberries etc. It's just natural to us

That's not something I'd f find acceptable at all. Neither of our families are overly affectionate, a hug on greeting but that's about it. It is completely different with the kids though. My husband was the first to hold both our boys. Through circumstance he had to do skin to skin with my youngest in the recovery room for about an hour while I was being sorted. When I got there they both looked so contented. Now he's always hugging abd kissing the boys. Just last night I saw him ask my 14 month old for a hug, then they were both admiring each other in the mirror. He does also wrestle with the boys but that too involves big squeezy hugs.

OP, how does your partner cope when some alone with baby?

My son is no longer a baby, 3 years old! However my sons father has always hugged, kissed, and cuddled our boy. Still does. I would talk w him about it, babies need love and affection from their father. He is so little to have that "boys ddon't hug mentality". ��

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->