Does your LO attend a school where they did not move up from pre-school?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
If so...how do you feel about this? Do you worry they won't make friends as the other children did?

My LO really has seemed to settle in really well but i cant help but worry...i sometimes feel really bad and think i should have put him in a school where there wasnt a pre-school attached to it as tbh most of the children have come up from pre-school. He is a social little boy and im so proud of him because he appears happy and content...its just me who feels worried... :(

Has anyone had similar feelings?

Please share your experiences?

I'm sure he'll be ok! It will take a little while but he'll settle in and find friends.

My son's school doesn't have a preschool attached but there are 2 main preschools that feed the school. My son went to one of them, but the majority of his friends from that preschool went to another primary school! So he recognises faces and names but he hasn't moved with any children he's spoken about at home. He is settling in well too :) I think it's natural to worry though.

Both my daughters went/go to the pre-school where 99% of the children go up to the catchment school, I think its nice they make friends and recognise faces etc and it does make us as parents feel better but at that age they take it all in their stride and make new friends......... my eldest daughter didnt play or talk to anyone she new when she started school they were all new children from other pre-schools she made friends with............i wouldnt worry at all xxx (it does depend on the child.......but i wouldnt send my daughter to a junior school or secondary school where she didnt know anyone) x

Thanks ladies foryour reassurance...i am actually managing to see it from another prespective hich is making me feel alot better about it all...:hugs:

I guess as a parent you cant help but worry xx

My boy attended a private nursery and none of the kids went to his primary, I was terrified one his first day but off he went fine and he seems to have made loads of friends. I'm sure your boy will too :)

My boy attended a private nursery and none of the kids went to his primary, I was terrified one his first day but off he went fine and he seems to have made loads of friends. I'm sure your boy will too :)

Aww i love that...so glad your LO is doing fine :) So far i have to say, my little boy seems really happy and has got to know alot of names...I guess week by week i will feel better and better x

My son just started kindergarten after being with my husband at home for the past year. He's doing great and loves school. But I guess it depends on a child. He has always been independent and made friends easly. He talks a lot and is not shy and I think that helps :) I think I was the one worried the most on his first day of school. He even took the bus to and from school and is doing just great :)

My little girl doesn't know a soul at her school as we moved towns but after a week and a bit shes started to make friends and its a huge relief, I'm sure your little one will be the same x

Yes we have sent our daughter to a school a few miles away as it is far better than the 3 crappy local ones so she doesn't know anyone. We have had a few issues with her not wanting to go and crying each morning because she misses her friends but she settles quickly once there and has started to talk about 3 other children so starting to make some new friends

You all seem to be handling it so well!...my little one has seemed to settle in really well however i still can't help but worry!...im sure im going nuts!! x

My kids go to private nursery close to mine and my husbands work as we both have early starts and it isn't such a rush in the morning. We both have to be there for 8.15 so if we dropped off at our local nursery (8.00) it would give us 15 minutes to do the 20/25 minute drive to work.

My eldest started school last September and made lots of new friends. My daughter has just started and seems to be settling in well too.

I wouldn't worry about it. It is more common than you think :)

My daughter went to pre-school nursery at a different school to the one she started full time school at. I had similar worries to you but she fitted in really well. She's just gone into year one now and she's made loads of friends. Try not to worry I'm sure he'll be fine x

Daniel went into a reception year group of 60 children. Of those 60 there were 3 children from his pre-school (inc him). Quite a number of the children had siblings at the school so they already knew other children and the rest all went to 2 or 3 different play schools. The only way in which i've noticed that this is hard for us is that most of the other mums know each other and i'm very much an outsider. I've tried over the last year to get to know other mums but it's really not happened. However Daniel seems to be ok and has taken it all in his stride. The thing i've noticed is that Daniel is quite happy to be friends and play with almost anyone whereas those who went to the same playschool together really want to play together to the exclusion of the other children.
Having had the above experience i would still choose to send my child to the playschool of my choice rather than one that feeds direct into a school just so that my child could know other children. I would also send them to a different senior school to their friends if i preferred that school. My niece went to a senior school where only about 3 children from her year went to it and has settled in brilliantly. And she still keeps in contact with all her close friends from the junior school.

My daughter moved into reception with a few people she knew from nursery, and a lot of people she didn't know. At the end of reception though, her best friend is a girl she didn't know before. So I don't think it matters

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->