Does your LO watch tv?

BlackBerry25

Helena & Elliot <3
Reaction score
Do you let your baby watch tv? I HATE Helena watching television, but if I have it on, she automatically turns her head to it and if I put her where she can't see it then she cries and screams because she wants to watch it. I try to not watch tv but then I get extremely bored because all I am doing is constantly playing with the baby and no offense to anyone but that gets boring after a few straight hours. I am finding she has been more cranky the past few days, maybe because I keep fussing over her and she wants to play alone for awhile?

Anyways, I was googling about babies watching tv and it said its bad and can cause ADHD. I noticed she is harder to satisfy now, since I stopped her watching the tv.

She usually just watches whatever I have on...usually like the Food Network haha.

I don't think I'll mind Niamh watching tv. Its when they get older and tv takes the place of going out and playing, or seeing friends that I think it becomes a problem. I'll never allow her to have a tv in her room either.

Caitlyn watches about an hour a day, not at once though. She's more interested in climbing lol

i think its perfectly fine for babys/children to watch tv..they can also learn alot from channels such as cbeebies...they do sign language/shapes/colours/noises the list is endless....my nephew can do a bit of sign language from learning of there...i will let archie watch tv as i do.
obiously i wont let it become an addiction but it didnt do me any harm x

all my kids have watched tele from a young age & jack is my 4th & i sit him in front of tele in his chair & he loves it ive done this with all my kids & none of my other kids have adhd , i think thats a load of rubbish to be honest . violet xx

jack 'watches' the telly but its not all the time he would rather crawl around and destroy the house x

Ally watches it for a couple of minutes but then he sees something more interesting, like a toy, on the floor and he wants that instead. I'm not too bothered at this stage. When he's older I won't let him watch loads or things that aren't appropriate.

This makes me feel a lot better about her turning her head to the tv once in awhile. :) Sometimes it really calms her down when nothing else seems to. She was really interested in the Barbara Walters Patrick Swayze special that was on,:rofl:

i think its perfectly fine for babys/children to watch tv..they can also learn alot from channels such as cbeebies...they do sign language/shapes/colours/noises the list is endless....my nephew can do a bit of sign language from learning of there...i will let archie watch tv as i do.
obiously i wont let it become an addiction but it didnt do me any harm x

I agree. My doctor said babies are not supposed to watch any tv, because it causes them to be inactive, but there are many things they learn from tv. Alexa usually dances when she watches tv!

Josh doesn't care about tv anymore. He used to love all the colors, but now he's all about climbing & crawling!

If sesame street is on though, he'll watch Elmo. He's obsessed with Elmo!

Dec will watch tv for all of 5 minutes at a time !!! he will dance to the music of whatever is on, be it mickey mouse club house or eastenders, he dances his little heart out and then walks away.
I really dont see a problem with kids watching a bit of telly, I think the ADHD thing is when kids are plonked in front of the telly all day every day because either the mother couldnt be bothered or they dont have the time to entertain them.

My 2 love cbeebies...i especially found it encouraing when kieran does sign langueage...he has also learnt his shapes from Mister maker x

Mia really doesn't care about the TV. However, she will only watch videos on Youtube.She has her favorites sections with the smurfs, five little ducks and old macdonald videos. But the TV....not caring about it at all.

My older 2 do watch tv (ages 3 and 5)..but Hayden is almost 16 mo now and rarely does, occasionally I will turn on baby einstein for him, but he's probably watched it maybe 5x? Really very rare for him, I never put him in front of the TV until he was atleast around 1 though

When Charlotte is in her jumperoo she watches TV, we have the BabyFirst network, all educational programming for infants/toddlers, which is what I put it on for her. Teaches colors, shapes, numbers, problem solving. I have NO problem with her watching it. She jumps like mad and laughs at the shows...plus I can get some stuff done while it's on, which is a giant plus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->