Does your newborn scream during nappy changes and baths?

Colton used to really bad with his diaper changes. I just kept talking to him, and now I try and talk to him and make him smile, and sing to him .. like "no more wet diapie on the goobie" or "now yous got a dry diapie on your goobie" in a singing voice and he loves it.. smiles every time.
I find that talking to him really helps though.. like when daddy does it he never talks to him and Colton still cries then. He also doesn't like getting up to be changed and cries no matter what then.. he would rather wait until he is awake. Like during the night I feed him about half his bottle, change him, then feed him the rest and he falls asleep.

As for the bath, I just have to keep putting warm water on him. I use his baby bath tub, and he cries even now.. so I have to have a small cup (or the scoop it came with) and keep pouring water over him. He will get quiet and just sit there enjoying the warm water.

Mia loves being changed and having a bath. She is so quiet and good when we are bathing her and she really enjoys it.

One trick to calm the baby down before placing him/her in the water is to always have a tiny cloth on their chest so that the sensation of water doesn't scare them.

Noah hates his diaper changed, screams when I wipe his lil man parts, doesnt care to much when I wipe his behind though. I wonder if its because he has a hernia in his left groin still. Also he hates baths most of the time, though he loves when I take a shower or bath with him.

Connor hated the bath when he was a baby, then i came accross a bath seat on blooming marvelous website and bought it. After that i never looked back, he LOVED the bath after that and felt more secure. The link is: https://www.bloomingmarvellous.co.uk/product.aspx?CategoryID=Nursery&ProductID=81216&language=en-GB

Today I witnessed Sam getting his nappy changed at nursery.....GOOD AS GOLD!!!

WTF!!! I knew it was just me he hated ;oD

Lilly hated being naked but loved her baths and still does and she's a bit calmer these days about having some nappy off naked time.

Sam has always liked being naked - which is why I think it's odd he hates the getting the nappy off thing. He likes the naked think even more now he's discovered his willie ;oD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->