Does your OH get paranoid or have strange thoughts about pregnancy?

TTC First

Reaction score
I can start this one off.

Sometimes it works great. We go to the grocery store and he pushes the shopping cart because it is apparently too heavy for me. He will carry the laundry and vacuum up and down the stairs for me and I am not aloud to lift anything heavy. He has to carry the groceries so I don't strain myself.

Other times he is just too paranoid.

We were talking about going to a cottage but he says that I couldn't fish or go in the boat. We were talking about going to Vegas but apparently I can't do too much walking. Baths are cut out because they are too warm. I am not aloud to add those flavours to my water because they are not healthy.

I love DH more than anything and I can deal with the paranoia because I really enjoy the help I get on all the other stuff. I just think its so funny sometimes.

I think it is going to become annoying to you soon. I couldnt imagine living like that. My OH didnt get protective over me until the 20 week ultrasound...It made it real for him I think...I thought it was cute at first but it got annoying soon after. :flower:

My husband gets paranoid about certain things, too. He also won't let me drink the artificially flavored waters. He also gets upset when I don't eat enough--though he has backed off of that when I told him that sometimes I just CAN'T get the food down, I'm not doing it to restrict the baby. I think it's normal for them to be so worried because they don't really "get" it the way we do.

hahaha yes! Just to piggyback off your grocery store example -
I was grabbing cans of soup off the shelf and I think I had maybe 3 in my hands and he took them away, reminding me that I'm pregnant and don't need to be carrying all that

Your hubby sounds like he's putting a lot of restrictions on you though.

My OH isn´t paranoid but he was totally clueless. The best quote was when I was pregnant last time and I went to get blood drawn at 8 weeks and he said "Isn´t that a bit dangerous? Surely the baby is really small still to take blood from it" What the heck he thought they were going to do I have no idea!!!

Haha, I just remembered another one. After my waters had broken and I was having contractions every 3 minutes he piped up "it could still be a week or so though, couldn´t it? Do we have to go to the hospital now?" Yes. Yes we do. We need to go now. (DS was born that day) He obviously didn´t pay all that much attention at the antenatal classes except for the part about not rushing to hospital straight away

kiwi love - I think DH is just a little freaked out because we have been trying for 2 years, done over a year of fertility treatments and we lost 3 babies last year. He really wants to make sure I don't get over stressed. I know I just have to keep him in touch with reality and let him know there is nothing wrong with certain things.

nicem815 - I get the eating too, he makes sure we both eat healthy but I haven't really been hungry in the last week.

MamaLoCo - 3 cans lol He's just worried and since its our first he doesn't know what I will be capable of down the line. He's ok to change his mind if we find out something is actually safe.

pachamama92 - Funny stories, I'm sure he will know what to do when your water breaks this time. lol

Lol, I am sure after some time has passed he will become a little less neurotic and relax; especially once the first trimester is over.

Meanwhile get some nice foot rubs and back massages out of it :winkwink:

my boyfriend is always concerned and paranoid over me and our baby girl. he always shows he cares no matter what the situation is. im so lucky to have a guy like him i wouldnt want it any other way AT ALL

the only thing that he doesnt seem concerned as much as he should be about is the germs and viruses that fly around. he doesnt take precautions as often as i want him to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->