does your toddler have a drink available of a night?

leahtaba

Reaction score
Just wondering really?

My LO doesn't, she sleeps right through so it's never crossed my mind, but she has a cough and keeps waking up coughing several times a night so I thought tonight I would leave water in a sippy by her bed. Does anyone else do this?

No. I did it one night the other week when DD had a cough and she woke me up a few hours later screaming cos her drink had leaked all over her and the bed :dohh:

No. I did it one night the other week when DD had a cough and she woke me up a few hours later screaming cos her drink had leaked all over her and the bed :dohh:

:haha: oh dear!!! I hope that's not the case for me tonight! It's a non-spill beaker but you never know with toddlers do you!

Ah well hopefully you'll have more luck! I had to bring her in to my bed whilst I dried her mattress with the hair dryer :rofl:

I wouldn't with my lo as I'm pretty sure my ds would sit and shake it all over him until there was none left then cry because he couldn't sleep for the big wet patch he'd created, lol. The novelty of having something to fiddle with in his cot would be too great I think for him but you know your lo. :D

Sometimes, if she specifically asks for water when she's going to bed.

I hadn't until the other day when it was hot and he woke an hour after bedtime and asked for water. He drank loads and then fell asleep hugging the cup!

My 2.5 year old won't go to sleep without "covers and kisses" and her water. Her water cup doesn't leak usually.

She has boobs through the night as it's the only thing that comforts her in the night, but I do keep a sippy cup next to us (we bedshare) just in case she wants it.

My DS has had a cough on and off for a few weeks now so I've started leaving a cup of water on his bedside table. We had the middle of the night screams a few nights ago when he went onto sleep holding it and it dripped all over him, his pillow and bed......... It was meant to be a non spill one too

Yep he takes a tommy tippee to bed full of water. I often hear him drinking from it in the middle of the night when I'm up feeding ds2. He is not gonna be dry through the night for years and years!!!! I would feel evil taking his drink away though so not sure what to do

Yep he has a non spill sippy in his bed. It's always empty in the morning but I only half fill it in case it leaks. I never intended to do it but he insisted he took it to bed one night when he was teething and can't sleep without it now :shrug: It's only water so I'm not too worried

Emily has a non spill beaker of milk beside her bed,she knows to set it back on the dresser when she's done.

Yes, Tom always has a beaker of water by the bed. Some nights he drinks loads, others he doesn't. I always had a glass of water at night when I was younger.

No I don't leave a drink with my LO but if he ever wakes up properly in the night I would just make him a drink anyway. But he did start waking up coughing in the night and I couldn't figure it out at first. But now I leave his bedroom window open on the safety catch bit and have turned the radiator right down to number 2. I think his room was getting to dry and was making him cough. Now he hardly ever coughs in the night.

DS always has a bottle of water by his bed. After stories he usually has a big drink but doesnt really have a drink in the night as far as i know. I always take a bottle up to bed for myself so i always take him one up.

Louis almost always has a drink in the night but I don't leave one by his bed as he calls for me anyway so I take his drink in and tuck him back in.

my 3 year old still dont sleep though the night and wakes up often for a drink in the night. I dont leave one avaliable for him because he dont wear nappies to bed so when he asks for one i say 'yes but you must have a wee first' that way i know hes having his drink on a empty bladder and is less likely to wet the bed

I have a cup in my room that I offer her in the night but I don't leave it with her. I don't think she wakes up because she's thirsty, but nonetheless she wakes up upset and the offer of a drink distracts her enough to calm her down. Often she asks for it first thing in the morning too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->