does your toddler have a drink available of a night?

I do with Joshua on occasion but don't with Jacob. They don't usually wake up wanting a drink, if they do, they just call me.

I wouldn't trust Jacob with one. I have yet to find a non-spill beaker/bottle that he hasn't managed to spill. He would just play with it rather than go to sleep....then I'd have change the sheets, change his PJs, settle him back down to sleep....easier to just get him a drink on the rare occasion he asks.

Maria always has half a sippy cup of water by her bed at night as she won't go to sleep without it. She won't drink from it if she wakes in the night though, she insists on milk then :dohh:

No, never have and don't see the point of starting now. She never wakes up thirsty in the night anyway and I don't really like the idea of her lying down and drinking as I imagine the bed would get soaked!

My son is 2 and a half I always leave him a drink in a non spill sippy cup beside his bed with either juice water or soya milk. as you know what its like yourself if your thirsty during the night. as long as my we boy is happy that all that matters. :) xxxx

Yeah she has her water just like we have ours at night :)

Non spill cup :)

Yes they both have water & both drink from them in the night.

I don't think it makes much difference to nighttime dryness either. Da1 had dry nappies overnight most nights from 10mth. I started giving him a sippy at night at 13mth during a very hot holiday. I took night nappies away at 27mth, less than a week after we started potty training. He has never wet the bed (except one time when we travelled to Australia)

Ds2 wees in his nappy most nights then shouts to tell me & insist on an immediate change! He drinks less overnight!

Mine has access to my boobs at night. If she slept in her own space and needed it, I'd leave a sippy or a just a regular cup too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->