Doesnt Like Moses Basket

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
For the first week Brooke would go into her moses basket easily but she's slowly refusing to go in it at all :hissy: Now to the point where when she falls asleep i just put her straight into the bed with me to save hassle. Doesnt matter if its day or night she just wont bloody go down in it :hissy: However she'll quite happily sleep on the bed or the sofa in the daytime.

Ive tried putting one of my nighties in there and ive tried rolling a blanket up and putting it down the side so theres something against her like she's being held but she's not having any of it!!

Anyone got any advice or had this problem with their LO? I really dont want her getting into the habit of sleeping in bed with us.

awwww shes only 3 weeks old tommorow still very young indeed probably just wants to be close to you try putting her down in the moses basket against the bed so she can see you and hold her hand or rest your arm over her??

Jacob was exactly the same and I cant offer any advice because I gave in and he sleeps with me now! I hope you find away round things soon though! x

not sure what to suggest.... I slept on the couch with Jasmine for the first week cause I was afraid of going up the stairs with my bp.. after that she was fine going staight into her crib..

I swaddled her in the beginning... thats the only thing I can think of...do you make sure she i totally asleep? Sometimes it can take awhile for them t be in a deep enough sleep.

If you dont intend to co-sleep, dont start letting her sleep with you, no matter how harrd it is. It will only be harder later.

Yeah, did you try swaddling? Lola was swaddled for the first few weeks, oh and I know how you feel as I still put her in bed or couch with me when she wakes up in the middle of the night. Though most times I put her back and I wait till atleast 15 minutes after she seems asleep to be sure she's completely out.

:hugs:

Yeah I would not get into the habbit of her sleeping with you, unless of course thats what you want. Jack went into a travel cot at about 1 month old, cos he grew out of basket, and slept better!

Hannah really didnt take to her moses basket either and ended up sleeping in with us for her first 6 weeks. We then put her straight into her cot, swaddled with cushions down each side so it didnt feel really big for her and she's been in it ever since!

This is what she looked like (a midwife told us to wrap her up like this so she felt snuggled in):
https://img116.imageshack.us/img116/2255/incotoz0.jpg

i sleep with his moses basket on a chair right next to me bed as if he were layin nxt to me. i also swaddle him but not tightly. and have to blankets rolled up eitherside of him xxx

Thanks girls i think i might give swaddling a try, dont know how she'll take to it because she's quite fidgety in her sleep.

Deffo dont want her sleeping in the bed with us, if she gets the hang of it i'll never bloody get her out :rofl:

Smartie that pic is adorable!! :cloud9:

~Annabelle didnt appear to like the moses basket soon as we got home from hopsital for the first few days i tried swaddling her and she is fine in there now, i also sleep with it close to my bed and give it a gentle shake to mimic rocking her which soothes her right off

hope you get sorted hun

Lou
xxx

poor u pp :hugs: i think smarties idea is fab!! i always had (and still do atm :blush: going into her room as soon as shes better) her basket on its stand next to our bed and out my hand in and out of it constantly just to let her no we're their. i do agree that if you don't want to co-sleep break it now or it seems imo to be hard to break if you don't want to, if you see what i mean. lots of luck honey x

No advice as jacob was the same.....and 13weeks later.....he is still in bed with us :rofl: he starts off in our bed and even naps in it, he WILL NOT sleep in his cot even for a nap yet if i put him in my bed pop his dummy in he'll go straight to sleep. He's a bit of a diva he'll be the only toddler with a super king for himself :rofl: XxxX

Hiya, Rihanna never spent a full night in her moses basket, she only slept in the pram bit, so I bought a crib when she was 4 weeks and after a couple of nights she was sleeping in it no problem thank god, she doesnt like being swaddled as she sleeps with her hands at the side of her head but sometimes to get her from my arms to her pram, I used to lay a sheet or blanket in there put her down gently then wrap the blanket losely round her arms so it felt like I was still holding her, then she was away and could still move freely once settled... the joys of newborn, treasure every second :) Good luck hun xx

Jacob was exactly the same and I cant offer any advice because I gave in and he sleeps with me now! I hope you find away round things soon though! x

ditto. Although, I started with the bassinet close to my bed so I would lay my hand over it on him/pat his back. He got over that pretty quick and just came to bed with us. Still is in bed with us.

not sure what to suggest.... I slept on the couch with Jasmine for the first week cause I was afraid of going up the stairs with my bp.. after that she was fine going staight into her crib..

I swaddled her in the beginning... thats the only thing I can think of...do you make sure she i totally asleep? Sometimes it can take awhile for them t be in a deep enough sleep.
If you dont intend to co-sleep, dont start letting her sleep with you, no matter how harrd it is. It will only be harder later.

This is so true. I do a 3x test with her arm. If I take her hand and let it drop 3 times and she doesn't move, she's out enough to be put down!

Jasmine hated being swaddled, she prefers her arms to be out, we brought a slumber bear for her and it worked wonders

Well .....

She slept in the basket last night from 9 ish until just after 12, woke for her feed and then was bloody wide awake until 3am, i tried to get her off and in the basket for 2 hours but by then i was so so tired i just put her in the bed and she still bloody wouldnt go to sleep :rofl: little monkey was wide awake.

She's in it now and has been for the last hour or so, fingers crossed its not just a fluke!!

Seth was exactly the same. Two things that worked were swaddling, and also putting some books under one side of the moses basket to tilt it slightly. Apparently some babies just dont like lying down flat.

Hope something works for you :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"