Doh, I don't get it!!

W

whyme

Just wondered best time for bd when using opks ? before and how long after?

Sounds ok to me - try and get a session in tonight for good measure ;)

if you get a positive opk you should BD the same evening, the next day and the day after that

is what my gyno recommended (before we found out OH didn't have much swimmers)

Hi whyme, how you doing?

OPk goes positive 24-36 hours before ovulation, and on ovulation, there should already be swimmers in the area - and it takes them 10 hours to get there. I try and do what butterfly recommended.

Thanks girls, been so tired so think I buggered it up this month!!

Was testing since the Friday but I saw gradual increase in lines, Mon, tues and then did digital on weds got smiley face. BD Monday, Tues, Weds (but was early hours into Thurs ) and then Friday morning - any good?

I hate all this stuff as not as carefree as before - got it in my head now that if I get pregs now-will be at least 41 giving birth :( Acupuncture chinese lady says they recommend waiting another 3 months ( 6 months total) to give body best chance or risk MC again, but I can't afford to wait that long

what do they base that advice on poppet?

Those BD times sound good to me, before ov is better than after ov, you are supposed to do it for the last date recommended after for +ve in case you ovulate later than expected or towards the end of the 36 hours

Thursday as well wouldve been perfect, but as the swimmers stay alive for at least a day - up to 5 days, and you did bding before, you have done it right

I don't know - went for acupuncture but ended up having a consultation,went through diet etc. She says I am full of anger?! which I need to release - i am holding on to everything - inc not pooping enough (yep she asked me quantities/frequency)!!! lol so my body is toxic and therefore wouldn't be good environment for a baby. Need to up water intake, protein blah blah. Gave me some herbal medicine. She then talked about Budhist theories - that I don't own the baby's soul, so I must release he/she back to the angels. Speak to the baby every morning, don't be too greedy ( she did laugh) as I already have one. She said Chinese believe 6 months recovery for miscarriage and that age is not a factor, chinese carry much later.

how do you feel about what she said?

personally, i do think that physical expression of symptoms can be related to emotions, on my course, we are learning quite a lot about that - however, i can also see the danger in it being used in a way that might not sit well with you, its individual to you and your reactions

the symbology of not pooping is interesting, psychodynamics places a lot of credibility on holding onto stuff that way and how it relates to your state of mind.

that sort of perspective can be useful, however i think it can sit quite awkwardly with grief and western perspectives so you have to be open to hearing it - do you feel its been useful?

Yes I did, she was a lovely lady - she made me look at my tongue and it was horrid and then after we had a chat it did look better. I think lots of what she said was common sense but I do think alot about the toxic thing and think there is something in it. I have cut out the pop, upped the veg and fruit, water and white meat not red etc.

Bit worried about the 6 months thing tho, I don't want to wait but does make me feel pessimistic - ie inevitable miscarriage etc. She did say that they believe the same soul will come back in the next baby if its meant tho....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->