Doing this all again, feels so strange!

gypsy1981

Mum and expecting #2
Reaction score
So I just found out literally an hour and a half ago that I'm pregnant with baby number 2!!! :) I think I'm in shock, it doesn't seem to be sinking in. My husband is at work and although I've told him and my best friend on the phone, I'm now deflated as we agreed not to tell anyone else and I'm absolutely buzzing with excitement so I thought I'd come on here and share with you ladies :) x

My daughter just turned 2 on Sunday so the age gap will be perfect for us. We've been trying for 7 months - exactly the same amount of time as we tried for my daughter. 7 must be our lucky number! I just really can't believe I'm doing this all again, it feels like a lifetime since I was pregnant and I really can't remember what I have to do :) Folic acid and vitamin D - is there anything else I should be doing? Xx

Congratulations!

I just found out DH and I are expecting out 2nd this morning as well. I totally understand the feeling! I am so excited but also feel like I am in shock. I can't believe its happening!

Tonight I am going out to buy Prenatals, that's about all I remember taking last time (although it feels like eons ago!)

Congratulations to you too! :)

When are you due? According to the online calculators I'm due February 13th. It really does feel like a lifetime ago since I was last pregnant too - I can't believe how fast time goes.

I've been feeling nauseous all day today, I'm taking that as a good sign at this stage x

Congratulations!! :) . I remember you from the forums first time round when I was pregnant with my son who turns 2 in august. That's fab you are expecting no 2 now. I am expecting twins and due 4th Dec (technically I should be in 2nd trimester forum but I still hover around here as it's early days) :)

xx

Hi :) Yes I remember you too, that's fantastic that you're expecting twins, congratulations! Wow you're going to have your work cut out for you once they arrive :)

Is it strange going through it all again? I still don't think it's sunk in for me yet, although it probably will once all the symptoms start kicking in. Today was the first day I've really felt tired and nauseous so it doesn't look like it'll be long til they're in full flow :) x

Congrats. :)
I found out on Sunday. I was delighted! :) Age gap between my first and now the second coming is the same as you.

Thanks and congratulations to both of you too! :)

Janine do you ever wonder how exhausting it's going to be with a toddler and a newborn? :) x

Hi :) Yes I remember you too, that's fantastic that you're expecting twins, congratulations! Wow you're going to have your work cut out for you once they arrive :)

Is it strange going through it all again? I still don't think it's sunk in for me yet, although it probably will once all the symptoms start kicking in. Today was the first day I've really felt tired and nauseous so it doesn't look like it'll be long til they're in full flow :) x

Thanks :flower: . It does feel strange to be back here again, especially with there being two this time round. I am terrified, but it will all be worth it. It does sound like your symptoms are kicking in, but that's probably a good thing as it will make it all feel more 'real' (even if you do feel crap!) xx

Congratulations, so many babies due in Feb already.
I do not know what I'd do if I didn't have the ladies here to talk to.
We've already got a feb group you are welcome to join, just click the feb hearts banner in my signature xx

Janine do you ever wonder how exhausting it's going to be with a toddler and a newborn? :) x

honestly? No. Lol I hope its going to be a bit easier. Company is always good for the older sibling.

Just found out my second is coming about Feb 9. I'm so excited :) Hubby and I are going to dinner tonight to celebrate. Same place we went when we found out about our daughter. I will probably wait until after my 8 week appointment before we share the news. It's so hard keeping it secret though!

Just found out my second is coming about Feb 9. I'm so excited :) Hubby and I are going to dinner tonight to celebrate. Same place we went when we found out about our daughter. I will probably wait until after my 8 week appointment before we share the news. It's so hard keeping it secret though!
I'm due the same time. We are waiting until the 12th week mark tho. Safer.

Hi girls,

I'm new here. What brings me? I found out that I'm pregnant about a week ago. None of my friends has children yet so I feel like the odd one.. I'm hoping to find advice and support among you lovely folk.

Congratulations to Janine, gypsy1981, shrills and everyone else who's expecting a new baby :flower:

honestly? No. Lol I hope its going to be a bit easier. Company is always good for the older sibling.

Lol - this is true! I'm more worried about keeping my toddler quiet while the baby is sleeping :) I'm sure it'll all be good fun though. Plus she loves babies so hopefully she'll be a good little helper! X

Thanks :flower: . It does feel strange to be back here again, especially with there being two this time round. I am terrified, but it will all be worth it. It does sound like your symptoms are kicking in, but that's probably a good thing as it will make it all feel more 'real' (even if you do feel crap!) xx

Yep you're definitely going to have your hands full :) imagine how much fun they'll all have together when they're older though! Do you know if they're identical or is it too early to tell? X

Lol - this is true! I'm more worried about keeping my toddler quiet while the baby is sleeping :) I'm sure it'll all be good fun though. Plus she loves babies so hopefully she'll be a good little helper! X

I know. I would be the same. But also the other way around. When baby crying I hope it doesn't wake my toddler. I'm going to do it a bit differently this time. Now that I know how everything works. Lol

It's so nice to see a thread with women who have been through this before. Congratulations to everyone on their pregnancy! I just found out I'm pregnant with my second (due Feb 19). I'm still a little shell shocked. I'm happy that my son will have a little brother or sister but didn't expect to get pregnant quite so easily (we thought, hey, let's just start trying and wham -I'm Preggo).

I have a feeling chasing a dog and a toddler will make this pregnancy fly by!

I hope everyone has a happy, healthy pregnancy!

It's so nice to see a thread with women who have been through this before. Congratulations to everyone on their pregnancy! I just found out I'm pregnant with my second (due Feb 19). I'm still a little shell shocked. I'm happy that my son will have a little brother or sister but didn't expect to get pregnant quite so easily (we thought, hey, let's just start trying and wham -I'm Preggo).

I have a feeling chasing a dog and a toddler will make this pregnancy fly by!

I hope everyone has a happy, healthy pregnancy!

Congratulations :) x

Yep we have a dog too and a very active 2 year old so time is passing quite quickly. I'm 6 weeks today already, getting to this stage seemed to take a lifetime with my daughter! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->