Dolls... for Boys????

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
My mom keeps bangin' on about giving a doll to Josh to develop his sensitive side (my mom is a special educator with kids)... I'm sure she is right about it, but my husband is never EVER gonna allow that! His boy playing will dolls?! :dohh::rofl:

So any of you girls have dolls for your boys? What does your oh's think of that?!

Ps: She's also on about getting him some fisher price washer/dryer and a little kitchen kinda thing.... lol

My 6 year old son has a baby annabell doll. He asked for it for ages, and then decided to buy it himself with his own money when in the sale. He loves it and my 4 year old son also plays with it too. My OH cousins boys have a washing machine, iron & iron board etc.

I dont see any harm in it to be honest and if it helps educate them even better. My OH kept saying his boys wouldnt be having dolls etc, but since our son got the doll, he realised its not as bad as he thought, although he still wont let our son take it with him when they go out.

Dec plays with his cousin's dolls!!! he loves them :happydance: and Dan learned how to walk with his aunt's dolls pram!!! I let Dan play with dolls and girls toys, I have photos of him with rollers in his hair holding a doll lol
and if Dec wants to he can, I dont care what my OH says, not that he says a lot at the best of times. Your mum is right boys need to develop sensitive side I get Dan to wash dishes hoover and dust.:happydance:

We went to soft play place today, they have doll's and pram's and my lad spent the whole time playin with them, I don't think my daughter will get a look in when we give her one for xmas. I no what you mean about the man having a problem, don't think my OH will be too impressed! x

I really don't mind him playing with dolls, it would be an excuse for me to play with it as well lol, but my husband won't agree to that! :dohh:

Buy him one...when you oh notices just say "oh er..how did that ge there...ah well look her loves it, cant take it away now..." :lol:

Buy him one...when you oh notices just say "oh er..how did that ge there...ah well look her loves it, cant take it away now..." :lol:

Yup, I was gonna say that :)

I would let Seth have one if he wanted it, but as you say, I don't think my OH would be too thrilled either.

xxx

My sister's LO has a doll and a pram, he loves them.

Tom loves the toy buggies at playgroup though he's not that fussed about the dollies in them that he careers about all over the floor. Like sabby's little one I'm sure it helped him to learn to walk.

Both him and Charlotte love the toy kitchen though.

My advice would be to start with a baby buggy and add the baby later!

I asked my OH about this. He told me not to tell you guys, but I gotta...He played with his cousins dolls house but also LOVED my little pony, he had the videos n dolls too :rofl:

i don't see the harm of giving boys those things, kitchens, irons, dolls, my second cousins little boy has a doll and a pram when his wife was expecting another one, he doen't do much with it except from swing it round the room, but i think it educates them better.

Would DH be opposed to your daughter getting a Tonka Truck?

Here's some cute, 'neutral' dolls.
https://www.waldorftreasures.com/waldorfdolls/underthenile/minimodolls/minimodolls.htm

Or get LO one of these puppet sets... WAY COOL (and they aren't dolls - They're puppets! ;))

https://www.waldorftreasures.com/wa...lls/puppetsandtheatres/puppetsandtheatres.htm

You can sneak the doll when your husband is out of town lol, then say you bought it for your dog to play with.

If that's what my boy wants that's what he gets, if my ex has a problem with it I'll bring up something like "You're going to be judgemental over your own son!?", I see no harm in boys playing with dolls just like girls playing hockey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->