Dominic Jack Medlam 18.05.09 (5 days late)…..

ruth222

Mum of 1 to be Mum of 2
Reaction score
I’l try make this short as I can but I can’t promise lol. Ok started off with my waters breaking at 5:30pm, I had just choked on a glass of ribena, and went to loo to have a wee, wiped, walked into the bedroom and gush gush gush and more gush for like an hour still just kept on gushing!

Rang maternity ward to let them know, was told to relax have something to eat and pop on down later to be checked over. So on we went on down at about 7:30pm (no pains or anything) was told I was a ‘good’ 2-3 cm dilated, baby was monitored and heartbeat was fine machine showed was having some tightenings while on the monitor but I couldn’t feel anything!

Everything was fine and was told to go home and wait for things to happen naturally otherwise I would be induced 24 hours later at 5:30pm on Monday night. So off we went home, waited around didn’t start getting any pains until around 11ish – in for a long night! Nothing too painful but enough to notice they were contractions and not braxtons! Started timing them, then by around 2am they were averaging at about 6 mins apart.

So off we went back to delivery suite, was checked over and told to be 4cm but that we may aswell go home because I was having contractions but breathing and swaying through them, and the doctors said I didn’t look like I was in ‘enough pain’ for them as I wasn’t squirming around or screaming!!! It was painful but that was my way of dealing with them I’m not a screamer! So anyway really frustrated went home.

Got in the bath, had more contractions but the bath relaxed me, stayed in the bath about an hour so by which time it was 4am, DH had an hours kip while I was in the bath, I got out of the bath, and then everything suddenly seemed extreme!!!!! I was howling lol so woke DH up and he rubbed my back, I clawed and banged at the walls and decided it was time to go back in. So went back in at 4:30am! Went straight into a room was 5cm and got straight on the gas and air, I really wanted a water birth so BP was monitored first in 10 min intervals it was SKY HIGH to say the least. The water birth was totally out of the question – typical!!! My BP had been normal all way through pregnancy. So I laid on the bed used the gas and air which was awesome at first, then every contraction got stronger and stronger!!!

Really struggling at this point, I remember sat on the bed with my top on and just my socks and twirling my feet round everytime I had a contraction. And moaning, couldn’t bare the pain so asked for some pethedine. Was given a small dose, which helped a little but made me feel sleepy. I felt the urge to push by about 6:45 and was really struggling by the time the head was coming out, in the end I just had to have an epiostomy, so im very sore and bruised down there.

So after the cut he was pretty much delivered and was born at 8:51am on Monday the 18th May weighing 9lb 3oz. Which we didn’t expect at all as we were told he would be an average size baby! Unable to breastfeed as was in hospital over 24 hours and tried and tried and tried and he just wouldn’t take to the breast. Got to the point where his blood sugar levels were dangerously low as he was doing jittering movements in the cot, so these were monitored and he had to have formula, so were sticking with that, it’s a shame but haven’t completely ruled it out just incase, I may be able to express and give him that from bottles. He’s all healthy and ok now, came home at half 1 today, he’s had his feed and dosing off now.

Labour = oh god yes its painful, but ladies its all worth it!

Attachments

• DSC00143.JPG
    DSC00143.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00141.JPG
    DSC00141.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC00148.JPG
    DSC00148.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 63
awww sorry ytou didnt get your water birth hun and as for the breastfeeding i had the same trouble with archie he refused to latch

congratulations on the birth of your gorgeous little man what a lovely litlle chubby face he has xx

Sorry you didnt get your water birth and the breastfeeding didnt go to plan but huge congratulations! x

Totally gorgeous congratulations hun and well done x~x~x

What a cutie!! Love the green outfit! Congratulations x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"