Donatella's here! C-section concerns

lenamar2010

Reaction score
Donatella was born on Monday July 18th. She's a healthy, sweet baby who sleeps mostly during the day; that means no sleeping for me at nights! :nope:

I'd like to ask those moms who have had a C-section about it. I've been feeling some pain around the navel, on the right side as well as down below it. I've talked to my OBYN and she wants to see me on Monday. I've read it's normal to feel some pain like this. Maybe I've hurt myself but I don't know how I will know that? I can't see the C-section as it has been covered with a special tape that will be removed by my doc. I see no bleeding, nothing weird. I've done no heavy household; just carrying my baby around the house or the sitting-sleeping-sitting during the sleepless nights. I'll appreciate your comments and help!

Attachments

• halinita.jpg
    halinita.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 39
I can't help with regards section but just wanted to say congratulations and she's beautiful x

Hi congratulating of bubba cute name too

Regards to c section I had that pain with my past 2 section I was told it's just a mix between bruising fom them pushing and moving stuff and trapped wind mine settled after a fee days x x

i had severe brusing to my ribs in fact this hurt more than the incision pain and also had brusing to my stomach as well where they were trying to get my massive baby out lol it could be that, i would try and not worry, if you ob thought it was something really serious then you wouldnt be waiting until monday to be seen you would be in there now

congratulations what a cutie

congrats she is beautiful!

RE: c section does paracetamol help?

I'll be getting my section in a week or so, so I have no clue what to tell you. Sorry, but I HAD to tell you how absolutley GORGEOUS your baby is!!! She's BEAUTIFUL!!

Its probably normal. Ive had 2 section and had pain in this area with both. It will eventually go. My section was 7 weeks ago now and the area under my belly button is still abit sensitive, it doesnt hurt in general now but if i bang it against something or my wee boy sits on it then it still hurts. Its just bruising and things. My midwife said i had alot of brusing in this areea, not sure how she knew but she did.

Congrats on the baby! She looks perfect! I know pains are normal and your MW must not be too worried if she said she will wait til Monday to see you. Just thought I would mention that it might have alot to do with constipation or bowel habits. All your muscles and intestines are shocked after a section so gas and stool can build up. Have you had normal bowel movements? It might not feel like "normal" constipation because the nerves and everything have all been jumbled around too!

Trapped air can cause major pain as can bruising. Does it hurt more when you push on it? Or all the time? I have had 2 sections and with my second a bit of my endometrial(sp) lining was sewn into my incision causing massive pain, especially once my cycle started again.

I hope your midwife or ob can reassure you and give you something to help if you need it. For now try applying some heat, it may help

Oh, and your baby is gorgeous. Congratulations

I had pain in my right side for about 3 weeks only if I moved too fast. I took ibuprofen for the pain for 2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->