Donor meeting baby for first time...

LunaBean

Noahs Mama & 7 angels <3
Reaction score
I need to arrange for my donor to meet Noah this week,but cant think of the best place to do it? Im not comfortable with him knowing where we live, Ive moved house since our donations, but a cafe is just way 2 impersonal!

Hes meeting him this once then again in 6 months,and he gets regular picture/text updates. I want it to be special,but do I chance him coming to the house? Im movin again wen my lease is up in May,so he wudnt hav our address after that! Noah wud be most settled if it was at home,and my friend would be with me too. Hes a lovely guy,but u cant be oo careful!

I'm not In a same sex couple but thought id nose in here anyway :haha:

How about meeting at a friend or family members house? :) it's comfortable and personal but not your own home :D
Xxx

Has the donor signed all rights away?

That would be a big thing for me, our donor has asked to see the baby just once and then we will provide regular updates but before that happens he will be signing all rights over to Colleen.

I would be worried they would see the baby and want more of a relationship otherwise, I know it's unlikely but I am a natural worrier so would feel 'safer' doing it this way.

Once all rights are signed away I would be quite happy for him to come to my home and meet the little one.

Yea he has..we did up a contract at the start! we've arranged to meet at my sisters house tomoro at 7pm..it'll be nice to have pix of them together wen hes tiny

Yea he has..we did up a contract at the start! we've arranged to meet at my sisters house tomoro at 7pm..it'll be nice to have pix of them together wen hes tiny

Hope everything goes well for you!

Just wanted to quickly point out in case you were not aware, the contract you did at the start (I assume you mean before your son was born) does not remove the donor's parental rights.

It is not legal to sign away parental rights on a child that is not yet born / conceived so you need to get him to do it now your little one is here.

We got a contract in place before starting the process that said the donor did not want any rights and will sign them away etc. but this cannot be done until the baby arrives fully.

You may know this already but just wanted to tell you just in case.

hey hun, i really feel ur over thinking this, contracts signed u and ur partners on the birth certificate its not like hes gonna cme to ur house n steal the baby lol, i think all meetings can be a bit awkward, maybe u should talk to him beforehand about what he expects maybe pictures and txt updates is enough for him? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->