Donor sperm and clomid? Any advice?

EMorris1993

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Ellie, I'm 20 and new to this site! So new in fact I'm not even sure I've posted this in the correct section. I'm looking for some advice really :(

I'm a lesbian, and me and my partner have been trying to conceive for over a year with donor sperm, with a man who came recommended from another lesbian couple who have had a child with him. My partner already has a little girl from a past relationship so I am the one who wants to become pregnant.

We've been trying for a year with no success and I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS. I have no other fertility issues such as a blocked Fallopian tube. I've had 3 periods in the last year.I have an appointment with my doctor in a few days to discuss possibly going on clomid or a similar drug.

My question is, how does clomid work? I understand it will help me to ovulate but when do I take it? How often? When should I test if I am ovulating if my periods are as irregular as they are? How often should I be being inseminated with the donor sperm whilst on clomid?

Is there anyone here who has pcos who has got pregnant with donor sperm through clomid? I'd love to hear your stories

I'm frankly a little scared that this isn't going to work for us and that I'll never have a child of my own.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated

Thankyou in advance
Ellie
Xx

I have very irregular cycles (like 2 or 3 periods a year) and I have taken clomid and fumera. I was told by my Doctor that fumera works better for woman with PCOS (which proved correct in my case) but I've also seem lots of woman have success with clomid. Anyway...chances are that your Doctor will induce AF with provera and then you will take the clomid on either days 3-7 or 5-9 (the Doctor will tell you), from here you will typically ovulate anywhere from CD12 and on. I would invest in some OPK's so that you will see when you get your LH rise and have warning that O will happen within 12 to 36 hours which will give you time to get your donation ;) GL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->