don't feel ready to have my baby yet

mummynummy

Reaction score
On Friday I be getting induced and its my first time being induced but my third baby. I'm so scared I don't feel ready and my iron and platelets are low.
I'm hoping that it will go really smoothly and that me being induced will work quickly, my previous births was so long.
I had a sweep and I was 2cm and my cervix was still firm but she could feel his head when she did try to stretch the cervix he kept bobbing away, anyway since then I been loosing huge clumps of plug and I feel he has dropped down as I keep getting pressure and sharp pelvis pain, before I forget I been getting bad cramps and my tummy goes rock hard but I sometimes don't feel pain with it.
I'm going hospital again on Tuesday for another blood test and I said while I'm there I get another sweep. I'm really getting nervous that I haven't got everything done and that my labour is gonna be really long again also that horrible fear of dying.

Any advice will be great just to keep my mind occupied until he is born.
Thank you:flower:

I don't have any experience with sweeps or induction, just wanted to wish you luck since we have the same due date! Hope everything goes smoothly for you!

You are going to do so well mumma! Don't panic please xxx induction is great, honestly xxxxx :flower:

Thank you :hugs: You would've thought I be ready with my third haha. Do you get closely monitored? Xxx

Thank you, you would've thought I be ready as its my third haha. Do you get closely monitored?
Xxx :hugs:

Yes, because they are essentially responsible for the labour starting they do ob's on you and are ready with the drugs xxx

Good luck - I also had a good induction experience :thumbup:

Hope it goes well for you, you'll be monitored all the way through I would think. Good luck!

I just wanted to wish you luck and even though your not feeling ready when you have your baby in your arms I'm sure them worries will just disappear.

I known quite a few people to have inductions and they have gone pretty smoothly as far as I'm aware the only thing they tell me is that the labour feels more painful than if you were to go into natural labour

thank you ladies your supportive comments mean so much to me, i heard that being induced hurts more but i'm determine to have just gas and air , i also heard there is a lot of positive induced labours.
thank you again :hugs:

This probably doesn't help but my 3rd was my quickest baby. 1st was 41 hours 2nd was 22 hours and 3rd was just 9 hours, i went from 3cm to baby born in 2.5 hours. He wasn't induced though but i wasn't even a finger tip open when they attempted to do a sweep for me.

That's okay I did actually help as I'm hoping I have a quick labour. Thank you, I welcome anything I kinda want some positive induction stories now haha need that confident boost haha

I am not sure if I posted or not already :wacko: :dohh: but I just wanted to say I was induced I don't know if it hurt more or not as it was my 1st but I laboured just using my TENS machine and Gas & Air :thumbup: my labour was 7 hours long from when contractions really started and from going into the the delivery suite at 7pm my son was born at 10.35pm

I was very happy with my labour and induction that I am not scared of being induced again I just do not want to go over to 40+10 again :haha:

Good luck :hugs:

I'm the exact opposite. I was induced last time and it was a great experience! It all went smoothly. I saw my ob in the afternoon and I was admitted in hospital at 10pm, after having had a shower, a light dinner and having packed everything with time. This time around everything indicates she will come in early and I'm terrified of spontaneous labour. I wouldn't worry if I were you hun, you'll do great! You'll be very proud of yourself once it's over. Hang in there! :hugs:

thank you, i cant believe my baby be here tomorrow or the weekends depends on the time haha. im really grateful for your comments and support :hugs: how long does it take to walk through the maternity door to be in full blown labour?
xx

Good luck for tomorrow

It really does depend I went in and got the pessary at 9.30am and I was back in with contractions every 3mins at 2pm ish :shrug:

Thank you I got a time now 10am, hopefully I'm more than 2cm so they can just break the waters. So exciting but scary as its still going into the unknow, so scared about dying, I talk to people about my anxiety and all they said is breath not much reassurance especially when my iron and platelets are low. I be keeping you all updated :flower: Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->