Dont give them anything sweet? Fruit is sweet??

steph1505

Reaction score
Im slightly confused! My HV told me that she would recommend not giving anything sweet to Brandon so that we avoid him having a sweet tooth...

But fruit is sweet?! He absolutely loves apple and mango...and I always give him fruit in his porridge...

should I not be?!

Or does 'sweet' mean rusks and biscuits etc? xxxx

Yeah, it's added sugar you should watch. I give Ruby lots of fruit, at most meals actually. I limit things with added sugar as much as possible - she has shreddies for breakfast, and the odd homemade taste of a homemade bun / cake. I don't ever give rusks, baby biscuits or baby yoghurts.

Thanks so much! Thats cleared things up for me! I was worrying that he I shouldnt have been giving him fruit!

Bit silly of me I suppose!

Thank you :):) xxxx

Glad you asked this because I was thinking the same thing x
Thanks for clearing it up x

LoL thats alright...glad I wasnt the only one thinking it :D xxx

I've found it really surprising just how 'sweet' simple ordinary food can be. I am a lover of salt I have to admit, and I like sauces etc, so I think I've forgotten how to taste real food! But tasting Georgia's food I've found it surprising how sweet potato & leek is, or carrots with tomato & basil - things you don't think of as 'sweet'. I think having a baby might make me appreciate my own food a bit more again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->