Don't Give UP

Tif2012

Reaction score
Hello ladies

This is my first time of posting although I have been reading your stories for many months. I want to share with you my story to give you all hope. I am 41, and have been TTC for 18 months with new partner. I already have 3 children from my previous relationship. General tests by GP showed no real reasons for infertility. Tests (done privately and hugely expensive) 4 months ago showed my FSH levels as 49, the other hormone levels, all also out of normal ranges. I was told by a Consultant Gynaecologist that my ovaries had stopped working and I was well into the menopause.

The shock absolutely destroyed me and I returned to my GP who said that stress and anxiety about falling pregnant may have put my body into temporary menopause. I tried hypnotherapy to help me stop thinking about where I was in my cycle. I am delighted to report that am now approx 8 weeks pregnant. I say approximately because the hypnotherapy made me forget exactly where I was in my cycle so it is difficult to calculate dates!!

I have read that stress and anxiety is one of the biggest factors affecting fertility.

I hope this gives some of you hope and I thoroughly recommend the hypnotherapy.

Good Luck everyone x

Thank you for sharing this with us - and many congratulations to you! I am hoping to start a Hypnotherapy course soon (as in teaching it) :)

Congratulations I'm really pleased for you. You are giving us all hope.
I hope you have a great pregnancy
xxxxxxx

Hello ladies

This is my first time of posting although I have been reading your stories for many months. I want to share with you my story to give you all hope. I am 41, and have been TTC for 18 months with new partner. I already have 3 children from my previous relationship. General tests by GP showed no real reasons for infertility. Tests (done privately and hugely expensive) 4 months ago showed my FSH levels as 49, the other hormone levels, all also out of normal ranges. I was told by a Consultant Gynaecologist that my ovaries had stopped working and I was well into the menopause.

The shock absolutely destroyed me and I returned to my GP who said that stress and anxiety about falling pregnant may have put my body into temporary menopause. I tried hypnotherapy to help me stop thinking about where I was in my cycle. I am delighted to report that am now approx 8 weeks pregnant. I say approximately because the hypnotherapy made me forget exactly where I was in my cycle so it is difficult to calculate dates!!

I have read that stress and anxiety is one of the biggest factors affecting fertility.

I hope this gives some of you hope and I thoroughly recommend the hypnotherapy.

Good Luck everyone x

Thank you and huge congratulations!
:hugs:
Elodie

Congratulations! How wonderful to hear about your pregnancy.

my GP who said that stress and anxiety about falling pregnant may have put my body into temporary menopause. x

If my doc said this to me. . . .he'd leave his office with a broken nose and a bloody lip. Just sayin!

Lovely story, many congrats and thanks for sharing x

congratulations! I believe stress is a big factor as well.

Thank you for sharing your story and huge congratulations on your pregnancy.

Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months. :hugs:

Thank you for sharing and many congratulations :thumbup: Lovely news :happydance: H&H 9 months to you hun.

I agree that being stressed probably doesn't help in TTC at all and have had several people tell me this (mostly people who have had no trouble having children so have no idea how hard it is to stop stressing :growlmad:) I personally wouldn't stress so much if the media and doctors didn't hammer home the "if you're over 35 you may as well forget it" message so damn much!

Sorry, bit of a rant there, but I think the media has a lot to do with stress for us older ladies x

I agree, Nat0619, the media has a lot to answer for regarding the stress of ttc after 35. I had a mc at 10+1 in dec and after that it became my mission/ obsession to get pregnant again. I even had a TTC drawer full of lotions, potions and gadgets! :wacko: nothing happened, all tests were good on both sides. Last month I went on holiday for 2 weeks, didn't do anything or take anything, except pre-natals, drank beer, wine, relaxed, had lots of BDing, and finally got my BFP :cloud9: I'm 41 and praying it's a keeper this time!

Ps I always said: if 1 more person tells me to relax, it'll happen, I'll smack them in the mouth!:haha: Well, in my imagination, anyway!:haha:
To everyone:dust::dust::dust:

That's funny. My last son was born out of a second honeymoon when we weren't even trying to get pregnant LOL. And then I got pregnant this June while on vacation by mistake. That pregnancy unfortunately ended in a very early mc but yeah, there is probably some truth to that. I guess I should plan a vacation LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->