dont know what to do! i need sleep!

tiger

mum-1boy-expecting1girl
Reaction score
hi ladies:flower: please help in any way you can.
about a week ago i started a thread about my son waking up screaming at night, i thought it was teething but i really dont think it is anymore. i dont know what to do? i am becoming so sleep deprived, im finding it very hard to function throughout the day.
jesse was always a great sleeper since 7months and when he hit 12months he was fantastic, go to sleep at 830 and wake up at 830-9am (sometimes he did wake once thru the night but went to sleep straight away). well hes 14 and a half months and for the past 3 weeks hes just been waking up screaming at night every 1-2 hours. and it takes a good 30min to get him back to sleep :cry: i dont know why he is doing this. his cry is like hes really wound up. ive tried everything pain relief wise in case it was his teeth but it never does anything. its not night terrors because hes not disorriented or anything like that. im seriously at a loss of what to do :( he eats quite a bit during the day and at night time, he will drink a full 8oz bottle even if hes literally just had one an hour beforehand. i keep telling my husband we cant keep giving him bottles when he wakes because hes having them every 2hours, but it seems to be the only thing that calms him down! i really need help.
i live on a small island and the doctors are horrible, if i go to see them they will just tell me to live with it 'its just a phase' etc. please :help:

Oh poor you. Is your lo walking yet? He could be just having disrupted sleep because he is learning new skills.

I wouldn't totally discount teething either though as my lo becomes very unsettled during the night every time theres more than 1 tooth coming through for 1-2 weeks each time and no amount of calpol or ibuprofen/teething powder would help. He also drinks way more milk then too. Is your lo fine during the day? My lo was usually fine with teething during the day with all the distractions but at night time- up every couple of hours! If you are not wanting to give him so much milk have you tried to offer water? Or less concentrated formula maybe?

Hope he settles down soon and you get some sleep xx

wow ur little one and jesse sound so similar ! yes he is fine during the day, hes as happy as can be (apart from the occasional tantrum)
and yes he just started walking a month ago. i will start offering him water instead of formula, why didnt i ever think of that ? thanks so much

Awww, I hope that helps its not easy is it when you are desperate for sleep and you just want a quick solution. Meant to say also, what about day time naps... Ihsan was also waking alot at night just before he dropped his morning nap and only naps once a day now. So many changes! x

he only has one day time nap these days, since he was about 12months. but its quite late :/ usually around 2 or 3pm he has a nap

Maggie is younger than Jesse (I love the name by the way) and she does the same thing, she seems to be crying so much more, I feel so sorry for her but have no energy left either. I go round in circles trying to figure out whats wrong!! But how are we to know?? After checking all the obvious things it could be Im clueless now!!

Just wanted to say your not alone.. and I wish I lived on an island!! lucky you x

im wondering if maybe he is overtired. maybe you could try to put him to bed half hour earlier and see if that helps. how about a soothing music/natural sound cd that you can leave very low on repeat in his room at night. My DD did this for us off and on for a while but now sleeps mostly fine. we had a rocking chair that we would use to help soothe her and got to the stage where we would go in, not get her out of the cot rub her back for assurance give no attenion say nighnigh and walk out. this did work for us eventually. we never let her cry for more than 5-10 minutes MAX without going back in and repeating the process.

Maggie is younger than Jesse (I love the name by the way) and she does the same thing, she seems to be crying so much more, I feel so sorry for her but have no energy left either. I go round in circles trying to figure out whats wrong!! But how are we to know?? After checking all the obvious things it could be Im clueless now!!

Just wanted to say your not alone.. and I wish I lived on an island!! lucky you x
thankyou :flower: its really horrible, i get so tired and worn out every night that im just at loss to what to do for him.
im wondering if maybe he is overtired. maybe you could try to put him to bed half hour earlier and see if that helps. how about a soothing music/natural sound cd that you can leave very low on repeat in his room at night. My DD did this for us off and on for a while but now sleeps mostly fine. we had a rocking chair that we would use to help soothe her and got to the stage where we would go in, not get her out of the cot rub her back for assurance give no attenion say nighnigh and walk out. this did work for us eventually. we never let her cry for more than 5-10 minutes MAX without going back in and repeating the process.
he wont go to bed any earlier lol hes very stubborn and will just scream bloody murder when we try.ill try some music etc but we did this a few months ago and it distracted him and he wanted to play

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->