don't know what to do

Melissa93

Reaction score
Im currently at college doing a 2 year hairdressing course, im doing my level 1 this year and level 2 next so then I will be a qualified hairdresser, my problem is I have just had a kidney removed (29th November) so im still recovering but when im standing for practical lessons I end up with horrible back ache and pains like I had before I had it removed. My worry is im not sure if its just because im still recovering or if will always be like this and if I can't do a 2 hour practical without bein in pain and needing to sit down how am I supposed to manage a full day stood in the salon. In 2 minds of what to do as I dont want to quit and prove everyone who doubted me right but at the same time I don't want to waste my time doin this if I physically won't be able to, I just dunno what to do xq

I imagine your body is still healing, good on you for being back at work!
Could you sit down to do your hair dressing?
I think my hair dresser sits down, as long as she can reach I don't mind!

Ouch! You will still be healing, that's major surgery. Talk to your doctor about how long the recovery will take - it may be that you shouldn't be standing for long periods yet and might be making your recovery take longer. Don't be afraid to take painkillers either, being in pain will tense you up and make healing harder.

Sometimes my hairdressers sits on a little stool on wheels - I'm sure you could do that for now? I imagine the pain won't be permanent.

My college tutors are being pretty good letting me sit down and have breaks when I need to, I was told 3 months recovery till I start to feel back to normal its just frustrating and gettin myself stressed out, I have my first check up at hospital Thursday so goin to speak to them about pains plus I think I made things worse Thursday as I carried my 2 year old from nursery to bus as it was raining, only about 200ft but I managed to pull all stomach on side they operated and was pretty bad for couple days, think I might look into a back support aswell xx

My college tutors are being pretty good letting me sit down and have breaks when I need to, I was told 3 months recovery till I start to feel back to normal its just frustrating and gettin myself stressed out, I have my first check up at hospital Thursday so goin to speak to them about pains plus I think I made things worse Thursday as I carried my 2 year old from nursery to bus as it was raining, only about 200ft but I managed to pull all stomach on side they operated and was pretty bad for couple days, think I might look into a back support aswell xx

I remember my hairdresser broke her back and when she returned to work she couldn't stand for long periods without being sore. She used a stool with wheels for some of the time and stood when she couldn't cut properly sitting downs perhaps this is an option for. You?

Ouch that sounds well painful, yeah think im going to just have to take it easy and use stool at times rather than just trying to carry on like normal and make myself ill x

I think a stool is a only option right now, and it might be worth looking into a lightweight hairdryer too.

Yeah my old hairdresser used a stool with wheels :) Good Luck! xx

I'm a hairdresser and it's something that sometimes happens that I get back pain if I have been really bust it's all to do with your posture, I have no problems with my back. I'm sorry to hear about your problems and hope it heals quick but until then all you really can do it rest as much as you can
Good luck

Take it as easy as you possibly can you have had barley any time to recover properly, was your surgery open or key hole, I had the same operation in 2009 mine was open surgery and due to doing to much I developed a hernia on the scar site and have had a lot of trouble since then 4 more open surgeries as well as many other procedures, I dont want to scare you but I wouldnt wish what I have been through on anyone

Mine was keyhole, I know I should be taking it easy and im doing too much but I dont know how im meant to take it easy when I have a 2 year old to look after, house to run and college lol, going to see doctor today for check up so will see what he says plus im getting same pains I used to get before op which he said was a possibility x

Its easier said that done to take it easy but try as much as you can, how did the check up go, I was told that if I experience any pain then to go straight onto antibiotics as you need to protect your remaining kidney from infection :flower:

The checkup was good said its healing well all looks good but still is healing just need to rest and take it easy as much as possible its more than likely ive probably put recovery back a bit because ive had to do too much too soon with lookin after my daughter x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->