Don't know what to do!

divadexie

Reaction score
It is really getting to me, Anna being so far away.
The last 3 weeks I have not been able to get up mid-week so have only seen her once a week!
We have not been able to stay due to dog sitters or other things, so it hasbeen difficult only being able to see her for a few hours, once a week :cry:

Now, before she was born I was told that Creswell, Dumfries (where I was supposed to have her) can not accept babies born before 32 weeks, as they do not have such a high level of care (thankfully glasgow was full!)

But now Anna is technically 34 weeks (and 3 days).

One nurse called them up a good few weeks ago and was told they would not like to take her until ideally she was off the cPAP, but to call back when she was manging 22ish hours off it a day to try and negotiate, and that sometimes it takes a week or 2 to get the transfer sorted.

Another nurse called them up the other week (to keep us in mind and let them know how we are progressing) and was told they dont want her until she is actually off the cPAP!!

Now surely, being having a neonatal unit they MUST have cPAP machines there?? They are a level 2 which means they have ''Continuous skilled supervision but not as intensive as Level 3, parenteral nutrition, short term respiratory support, intra arterial monitoring, includes Special care''
Well to me, ''short term respiratory support'' includes cPAP and oxygen into the incubator, no?

Part of me just want her to stay where she is because I Know she is safe and well there, but part of me want to ring up creswell and ask why they cant now take her because if she had been born now, and needed the cpap surely they cant have just sent her somewhere else?

Oh I don't know what to do, I know she wont be in hosptal forever but I just want to see her more :cry: I couldn't even be there when she had her immunisations which I could have been had she been in dumfries!
Everyone has been so fantastic where we are now and I will be so sad to leave them but I just want her nearer me so I can see her as much as I want, I will just be able to hop on a bus for half hour and come back without being too tired to walk the dogs and get my son to playgroup, there will be far more peope able to give me a lift that short distance and I wont have to worry about whos got the dogs or picking my son up etc

i can only begin to imagine what your going through it must be so difficult being away from your little girl.:hugs: hopefully you will have her close by soon.

Also i wanted to say what a great choice for a name, all the best people are called Anna:winkwink:

At 32 weeks some babies need cpap so would be suprised if Dumfries didnt have the facilities. Unfortunately if they say they won't take her yet not sure what can be done. You might be able to ask a consultant at eri to speak to them.

Findlay was born at 35 weeks and needed cpap so that is ridiculous if Creswell cannot/will not accept babies who need it.

I hope you manage to sort something out so Anna has all the care she needs and you can see her more often :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am going in to see the unit at creswell this week maybe I will ask to speak to the head consultant.
I also wont be leaving until they have refunded me at Least petrol money for one return journey a week. Afterall, it is not my fault they are not equipped well enough for me to have had Anna there, they sent us elsewhere so they can blimmin pay for it!

Hello divadexie,

Your little Anna is adorable!! I blinked the first time I saw one of your posts, I have a picture of my little one in almost the same position - mask and cute thumb under it - you can go see the last page of VIP to see it.

Could you manage to be away from home? Most hospitals offer either rooms for parents with hospitalized babies, or a nearby facility with affordable rooms. At my bubbah`s hospital there is both, for a whole 10$ a day. They give priority to parents living far away so you should have a spot.

It must be really hard for you, my Vincent is only 30 minutes away, I go every day but the minute I leave I miss him already. *huuuugs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->