Don't usually post but....typical man and soooooo broody :/

wanaBmummy

Have an amazing husband!
Reaction score
well as i said in the title i'm more of a lurker than a regular bloger. I did briefly introduce myself in October just gone so don't expect anyone to know who i am soo i might as well re-introduce myself. I'm Stevie, i'm 20 will be 21 when we start TTC. I'm engaged and the wedding is in August. :happydance:

well this might end up as a rant or just a ramble ...not quite sure.

I've always known that being a mother is who i am and have always known having children were on the cards. Well i've been with my other half nearly 2 1/2 years now and i've had alot of problems with contraception. At the beginning of last year my last option was the coil. so i had that fitted and then found out beginning of May i was pregnant. obviously an absoloute shock and was filled with possible complications due to the coil. well unfortunatly a few weeks after finding out i miscarried. this was devestating no matter how unplanned it had been and took me a good few months to get over it. however it really set my mind that i was ready to start a family.

my OH wasnt ready however and in the october we decided to bring our wedding forward to take my mind off things and then after the wedding we would start TTC. well it did work really well and i'd found my dress and was organising everything and was coping really well. In december however my OH decided to tell me he was ready. READY!?! i couldn't believe it ...on one had i was over the moon and on the other had there was sod all i could do because we now had a wedding in 8 months time and with a dress that would no way fit a baby bump.

well since that ive have been broody but my god this week its unbearable. i know as the wedding gets nearer im going to have alot more to do so will keep my mind busy and then straight afer we are TTC but jsut at the minute i needed to vent to people who understand wwhat im going through. i mean i went to do my food shop at ASDA and they've got their baby and toddler sale on so the first thing i saw was these georgous all in ones and and other baby clothes. its not just me is it that when your broody everybody around you seems to be pregnant.

anyway i hush now lol. i would appreciate any comments and don't worry if you;ve got somethign to say. its just been a relief to get it off my chest. xxx

Aw hun, congrats on your upcoming wedding in august and an oh that actually wants to ttc! You're doing very well to even have him on board! Lol!

As you said you'll soon have so much wedding stuff on your mind that for a while you'll be able to put ttc to the back of your mind. And just think if you've got a honeymoon to come afterwards you'll be able to try for a honeymoon baby!

I do know how you feel about seeing pregnant women EVERYWHERE when you're feeling broody. My brother in laws wife is currently 8 and half months pregnant and although I have Summer and she's only 6 and a half months old it doesn't make me any less broody!

I even used to find that when I was pregnant and would go to the baby events at asda I'd be jealous of the women that were clearly further along in their pregnancies than me, everyone seemed to have big bumps to show off! It wasn't till I was about 5 and a half months pregnant that I had my lovely bump and didn't feel jealous! How stupid is that! Lol!

But good luck with the wedding plans and baby making! We plan to ttc #2 in may so you never know, if it takes a while I may see you over in ttc!

X

Well, I wanted to wait until after we was married to try but started about a month earlier and I suspect that is why I spent my wedding night throwing up in the loo (I wasn't drinking or anything). Unfortunately that was my first of two MMC's but I know what it feels like to try waiting for a wedding and not making it.

Just out of interest, do you think you will make it until August or end up getting a maternity wedding dress instead?

Im sorry for your loss hun, Ive recently been through something similar and it wasnt planned and until I went through it I hadnt thought about having a baby, now its all I can think of! So I completely understand!

But soon you will have loads to take your mind off it as silly as that might sound. August will fly in and you'll be married then you can TTC without worring about anything!

However if you cant wait, then theres nothing worng with having a bump on your big day! Have you discussed this with your OH? If you both wantt o try now and dont mind the bump then why not go for it! it means your bump can be a part of your big day too!!

I know its a tough decision and I hope you decide what to do soon!! But try not to stress

xxxxx

:hugs: congrates on ur upcoming wedding :D its good u have something to focus on and its very good that ur OH feels ready :thumbup:
i understand the broodiness thing, its soo hard and i think most if not all the members on this forum knows how u feel.
i hope the time flies by and u can get TTC soon :)

Well, I wanted to wait until after we was married to try but started about a month earlier and I suspect that is why I spent my wedding night throwing up in the loo (I wasn't drinking or anything). Unfortunately that was my first of two MMC's but I know what it feels like to try waiting for a wedding and not making it.

Just out of interest, do you think you will make it until August or end up getting a maternity wedding dress instead?

Just for the pure fact ive paid for half of my dress and that i fell in love with it that yeah we'll be making it to august. But my OH said himself that he wants me to able to have a drink and enjoy our wedding day/night so thats why he wants to wait till after x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->