Don't want to steal my best friend's thunder… please be honest!

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
My OH and I got engaged 2 years ago, but upon finding I was pregnant a couple of months later, we put the wedding on indefinite hold while we concentrated on our new family.

My best friend has recently gotten engaged herself and is planning to get married next October. I'm going to be a bridesmaid.

Our little boy is 1 now and we're starting to think about our own wedding, ours will be a simple, hopefully cheap wedding, and hopefully won't take too long to plan. We're considering having our wedding within the year, or certainly starting to plan it soon, but I'm very conscious that I don't want to steal my friend's thunder. If we suddenly start to plan now (she's my maid of honour so will be involved) does it seem like we're encroaching on their wedding time.

How would you feel if your bridesmaid got married while you were still planning the wedding? What about if they just announced their date was not long after yours? Please be honest!

Why not talk to her? I think I'd be quite excited if any of my friends were getting married at roughly the same time.

I'd love to have someone going through the same thing so we can plan and plot together!

Talk to her hun :)

I wouldnt be annoyed if one of bridesmaids started planning there wedding too x

I wouldnt be annoyed unless they stole all my ideas!:haha:

Unless it was literally the same week, it wouldn't bother me. Two of my bridesmaids were pregnant at my wedding, and I was super excited for them, I didn't for a second consider my thunder stolen or anything! And we had three other close friend couples get married over the summer. It was fun bonding with them over wedding planning!

I wouldn't be annoyed. Especially as one of them is dying to get married. In fact if she did I'd be really excited as we were pregnant at the same time too. I would maybe be annoyed if she then got married before me haha. My friend has already done that. She got engaged months after me and is getting married the week before. I'm happy for her and I love that I have someone to talk wedding plans with that won't get bored or annoyed or feel like I'm bragging that I'm engaged and their not. Talk to her. After all it's not like your just getting engaged and getting married the week before, you've been engaged for a while xx

I got engaged just after my cousin and our weddings will be around the same time. We're both so excited and all we ever do it talk weddings! Just talk to you friend about it. Like someone else said, I wouldn't worry about it unless you're planning your wedding within the same week.

I'm pretty laid back so I think that there's really no way to "steal someone's thunder" for a wedding unless you decide to plan it for, like, the same weekend.

I mean, a wedding is meant to be just one day (oh, okay, sometimes the after-match function the next day too). It's wonderful when two people get married, and everyone will have a fabulous time celebrating at their wedding, but really, they only get to be possessive about that one day.

Expecting friends and relatives to avoid doing or announcing anything of significance outside of that 24-hour period of time because it might take the limelight away from them would be, in my opinion, wildly narcissistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->